• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was anyone else disappointed w/football team?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Thugs usually dont even wear shirts. They have a gun hanging right in their hip. If a thug does waste his time dressing they usually go with the plain white tee shirt. A true thug does not want to leave a good discription because they dont want to get caught. Many thugs are forced to wear jump suits.  I actually thought the football players dressed more like Usher than Thugs IMO. NWA used to wear the King's and Raider's hats with the loc sun glasses and a black Raider's jacket. Like my old home boy Eazy-E. May Eric "EAZY-E" Wright RIP.

The point I am trying to make is that a thug can dress anyway. They can wear nice suits too. Did you ever see the movie New Jack City?? Wesley Snipps had some nice suits, but he was considered a drug lord thug.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I dont see it as thuggish. I see it more like a hip hop style. Dont forget that these are still kids, so they are going to wear what is in style whether it looks bad or not. As long as they stay out of trouble then they should be fine with everyone IMO.

I agree with you here.  I don't see what the big deal is.  Maybe it's because that's the look I grew up with...  But as long as they stay out of trouble who cares what they wear...  Their pants were not sagging as much as people said on here, I think that's exaggerating quite a bit.  There's MUCH worse out there.  They looked normal to me.. It's not like they wore flip flops to meet the president or something...(I forgot what school that was...)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

I agree with you here.  I don't see what the big deal is.  Maybe it's because that's the look I grew up with...  But as long as they stay out of trouble who cares what they wear...  Their pants were not sagging as much as people said on here, I think that's exaggerating quite a bit.  There's MUCH worse out there.  They looked normal to me.. It's not like they wore flip flops to meet the president or something...(I forgot what school that was...)

Even an old fogie like me doesn't see what the big deal is. They are student athletes. They dress like students and I wouldn't call throwing crap up into the stands representing the school..........  

Guest tulderbull

Well let me respond to a few things.  I one am a former player,  Should there be a dress code?  I am not the head coach I would have one, but in doing so relize that a lot of these players come from nothing and cant really affort a suit.  The university isn't the most generous one when it comes to giving the athletes clothes.  In my opinion they all should be given a pair of Kacki pants and a green collared **** to wear to events in which they have to show face or go on court. That way they can wear it to the game and, and what not.  But USF imo is to cheap,  each player gets warm up to wear to road but have to give them back on Tuesday, and if they want them have to pay for them.  Other sports, like Volleyball get more apparel then the football team.  Now if they are going to watch a game and just watch they should wear whatever they want.  Also realize that this was probably not made a big deal to them, someone probably said "if you guys are at the game and want to throw some stuff out go ahead"  and that was probably the end of that discussion,Jim doesnt do much when it come to promoting with his players in stuff like that.  It is like he couldnt be bothered.    One more thing Gurly most of the guys are from the hood, that is the way everyone dresses there it is not a big deal to them the norm.  A lot of them have never been outside of their own home, they have no concept of what majority of the donors and big time money people (mostly white people)  are looking for, nor do they care, they are college athletes and tend not to think much about that, right , wrong or indifferent that is the way they are.  They no they are not under a microscope like FSU, or UF.  If peolpe want them to wear a suit I say buy them one, they would love it.  

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

^ I understand what you are saying. We have one of the most diverse campuses around and I see all kinds of stuff everyday.  I agree that they should get more things, but I guess it is hard when you have so many players.  Volleyball doesnt have half as many players to support with their budget.  I was just interested in everyone's opinion about the subject.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I think what tulderbull says about khaki and a green shirt would be fine - great actually.

Again, I likely fall in the old fogie category, but we should be doing these student-athletes a favor.  Instead of accepting that they "are from the hood" and basically inferring they should stay in the hood, the school should introduce them to different cultures such as the "corporate post-football" culture in which interviews in a pair of khakis will certainly be advantageous to a set of jeans falling off their bum.

We are supposed to be doing more than just giving them a place to showcase their talents for our own enjoyment and that huge longshot of a pro football career.  We should help segue them to a future after football.  Doing whatever helps their chance of survival may well include improvements in how they present themselves to the outside world.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

this isn't too unlike what you see in the sixties mvies where people are getting all worked up about what people wear, how they cut their hair-- all that stuff.

It was wrong then and I think imposing owns values on others now is just as wrong. Short of supplying them with some sort of non-sport uniform (which smells very much like communism to me), I don't see any easy solution.

Can't we just celebrate these student athletes for who they are and accept them?

It's bad enough I'll be 40 in two weeks-- I don't want to start acting like an old fogie too.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

They are kids. I really didn't see an issue with it. As long as they are staying out of trouble I am good with the other stuff. Would I like to see an uniformed or neater look? Yes. But thats my style and not theirs. Let them be kids.

Not everyone could be as GQ'd up as me at half.  ;D