• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN CFB coverage and favorite moments?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

"Topic Starter! 🔥"

Cat941 was awarded the badge 'Conversation Starter' and 20 points.

A post in the realignment thread got me thinking about this.  

Used to love watching the ESPN CFB shows.  Would always try to catch a glimpse of USF on the Game Day intro.   I remember Matt Grothe’s mohawk was featured on College Game Day.   Helmet stickers on College Football Final were a favorite of mine.  Remember Mark May and Lou Holtz having debates?  Honestly, I have stopped watching ESPN’s shows since they don’t feature USF these days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

A post in the realignment thread got me thinking about this.  

Used to love watching the ESPN CFB shows.  Would always try to catch a glimpse of USF on the Game Day intro.   I remember Matt Grothe’s mohawk was featured on College Game Day.   Helmet stickers on College Football Final were a favorite of mine.  Remember Mark May and Lou Holtz having debates?  Honestly, I have stopped watching ESPN’s shows since they don’t feature USF these days. 

Yeah college football peak was  90s and to 2010 for me. Especially College GameDay  used to be better but is still decent,  I just don't watch it every Saturday because usf is never on there. Espn talks so much about stuff bot sports and wants to insert politics and social issues that have nothing to do with sports. I want to turn on a sports channel and escape for a few hours. I don't need someone that is a millionaire lecture me on their sponsored. I want to watch sports and only live sports and sports shows staying on topic about sports.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

We catch Gameday every Saturday - but, then again - we watch a lot of college football (basically all-day Saturday is a guarantee and throw in some mid-week games). Sad but true, the past few years I've been catching USF's score on the crawl. 😔  

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I want to watch sports and only live sports and sports shows staying on topic about sports.

Yeah, that's where the podcast world pays dividends. Don't really dig current events / news commentary mucking around in the sports telecast. But it is 2023 and the market research indicates that our desirable target demographic wants . . . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Yeah, that's where the podcast world pays dividends. Don't really dig current events / news commentary mucking around in the sports telecast. But it is 2023 and the market research indicates that our desirable target demographic wants . . . 

Yeah I listen to more podcast now then in the past because of that.

Nice to hear sports talk about sports.

Audio books are nice to hear to because you get entertained without interruptions.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

CJL messing up ESPN Sideline reporter Rob Stone’s hair after USF beat WVU in 2007. Also liked the ESPN moment when Leavitt broke down in tears saying how much he loved USF & TB after beating WVU in Morgantown.

• Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

I haven't watched ESPN's College Gameday in years. 

Favorite moments would be WVU in 2006 and 2007 and Auburn in 2007.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Everyone has their own preferences as do I . I prefer to watch (or listen to) CBS Sports HQ on Saturday and Sunday mornings during football season as there is actual analysis of the matchups of the day's upcoming games. Most on those shows are sports betters or professional fantasy players so they make their picks based on logic with the only agenda being making money. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001

4 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Everyone has their own preferences as do I . I prefer to watch (or listen to) CBS Sports HQ on Saturday and Sunday mornings during football season as there is actual analysis of the matchups of the day's upcoming games. Most on those shows are sports betters or professional fantasy players so they make their picks based on logic with the only agenda being making money. 

Nice.  Less fake news.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Another great ESPN moment had to deal with USF Mens Hoops. Coached by Seth Greenberg. The Sheriff helped create a GreenbergOpolis tent city outside the USF SunDome. ESPN was in town to do the USF vs UF game with **** Vitale. The SunDome was rocking. Too bad we ended up losing but it was an awesome experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1