• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carrying Cord

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

It's a gooch new era!

Okay a few thoughts.

In general, the audio is great compared to the first couple episodes.  This along with the intro and outtro band music is nice.  

Sounds like the UCF loss bombed you into an existential crisis state.  This is funny.  You have joined the USF Doomer state of mind.  It's a vibe as they say.  Hope is not a strategy!

Maybe come up with an off-season and preseason structure?  Even a 30 minute episode every month to talk recruiting news and Twitter drama would be fun and keeps the podcasts coming in regularly.  Just announce it at the end of the last regular show.  Weekly shows during the football season was fun last year.  I don't have too many other ways of hearing USF talk out of state, so it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the show!

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  3

****. Red has us losing to Rice, Charlotte and 1-11... and he was the optimistic one last season. He might be broken.

Edited by Sk00b

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Sk00b said:

****. Red has us losing to Rice, Charlotte and 1-11... and he was the optimistic one last season. He might be broken.

Temple did something to him. He’s a shell of his former self. In true Teddy Roosevelt fashion, I think I heard him mumbling something about “the light has gone out of my life” after that loss. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Okay a few thoughts.

In general, the audio is great compared to the first couple episodes.  This along with the intro and outtro band music is nice.  

Sounds like the UCF loss bombed you into an existential crisis state.  This is funny.  You have joined the USF Doomer state of mind.  It's a vibe as they say.  Hope is not a strategy!

Maybe come up with an off-season and preseason structure?  Even a 30 minute episode every month to talk recruiting news and Twitter drama would be fun and keeps the podcasts coming in regularly.  Just announce it at the end of the last regular show.  Weekly shows during the football season was fun last year.  I don't have too many other ways of hearing USF talk out of state, so it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the show!

Thanks for the feedback!

Any loss to C is grounds for an existential crisis. Watching them move to a P5, build a new OCS, win a NY6 bowl, all while we wallow in misery is enough to break a person.

One could argue the USF Doomer state of mind started for us in Piscataway in 2007 and hasn’t fully gone away since. 

Definitely looking into how to better structure things in the off and pre-season. We’re doing a lot of looking at how to provide a bit more consistency on releases and content into the regular season, too.. Being new to it last season, we got a trial by fire on exactly how much work goes into just getting something serviceable to the “masses”, which didn’t exactly gel with our day jobs. We’re working on it, though. 

I think we’ve recognized there is a little bit of a gap in fan generated USF content and we’re (perhaps naively) hoping we can fill that for fans. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cc_pookah said:

I think we’ve recognized there is a little bit of a gap in fan generated USF content and we’re (perhaps naively) hoping we can fill that for fans. 

Many thanks!  It's a great listen especially for those of us on an island with no USF content.  I agree there is a definitely a gap in fan content and I think it is filled nicely with this show.  Maybe you can take write in questions and get the snark flowing. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,573
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Is it not out of the realm of possibilities with a first year head coach and returning most  of the worst defenses in the country. There is lots of turnover all over the offense  and all three of our biggest offensive threats Battir, Horn, and Weaver are gone  due to NIL deals and power5 opportunities. We will have at least four new starters on the oline on day 1, new starting receiver sets, and a new rb. Golesh is supposed to be an gifted offensive mind so I hope he can make tbe offense more effective from day one.  The team really goes as far as the defense takes them. We brought in several transfers on the dline/lb position but I think only two transfers in the back field a cb from OK and  safety/cb from Nebraska.  We also signed a juco guy Sanders for the backfield. We have to learn to tackle better across the field and stop people on 3rd down. The team improves as much as the defense takes it.

5 hours ago, cc_pookah said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Any loss to C is grounds for an existential crisis. Watching them move to a P5, build a new OCS, win a NY6 bowl, all while we wallow in misery is enough to break a person.

One could argue the USF Doomer state of mind started for us in Piscataway in 2007 and hasn’t fully gone away since. 

Definitely looking into how to better structure things in the off and pre-season. We’re doing a lot of looking at how to provide a bit more consistency on releases and content into the regular season, too.. Being new to it last season, we got a trial by fire on exactly how much work goes into just getting something serviceable to the “masses”, which didn’t exactly gel with our day jobs. We’re working on it, though. 

The doomer state probably did start then and set the wheels in motion to replace Leavitt.  The last three to five years just are much worse than anything prior at USF putting usf into full doomer mode  .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/17/2023 at 10:17 AM, cc_pookah said:

Hey y'all!

Long time, no see!

Red and I have gotten off our lazy asses and dropped some new content as of this morning. Check out the podcast section of TBP to give it a listen.

We have some plans for the pod so keep an eye out, especially as the season gets closer. 

You may be saying to yourselves "But Pookah, why the **** did we have to wait this long? What happened? Where did you go? What is the meaning of this?" To which I would respond with "This **** is hard and we overestimated our already limited capabilities." 

As we get closer to the season, (we under 50 yet?) we have some ideas for the pod, but we'd love some of your feedback and ideas. Let us know what you'd like to hear, what you're interested in, what you like about the pod, hate about it, and all the reasons you're going to listen to us and not those other guys. (That last part is just for my fragile male ego.)

We really appreciate y'all. Red and I started doing this for fun so it meant a lot that people were interested in more. 

I appreciate the work you guys are putting in! I'm not a saint by any means, but I know a lot of us in here have families with children, so keeping the language somewhat family friendly might help appeal to the masses (says the guy with gold bull nutts as his profile pic). Go Bulls! 

Edited by Bull Nut

Personally we need more mature podcast that call a spade a spade while using adult language and humor. Usf already puts their feel good pg videos. Some of them are good and are are not. I enjoy the Mike on the mic episodes.