• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Per the Tribune....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...USF's first year in Big East football nets them over $3-million. Not a bad take.

College hoops should bring in another $3-million at least.  No word if USF gets a bonus for the most conference losses.  ;)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Darth, you don't make money in basketball unless you make it to the dance, and even then it is rare. USF has already said that they will be operating in the red this season. So I wouldn't count on that 3M...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

you mean you don't receive bonuses...

we still sell tickets... and there are a few games on the schedule that are selling VERY well.

The UConn tickets are going like hot cakes, lots of UConn fans no doubt, but the money still goes in our pockets.

The inaugural big east game should do well too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There's no NCAA tournament revenue sharing?  I thought that was shared and you get bonuses similar to football.

SC not exactly. There is payout for conference tournys, and NCAA but that is usually spent on board, flight, etc for the teams involved. I believe the ACC made 25 million total last year distrubuted to the top teams that made the tourny and then some stipend for those who didn't make it.  Most conferences average around 15-17 from tourny revenues according to a report from 2003.  With 16 teams and the top teams getting most of the money, whatever we get will be meager.

Note: 85% of the $247M raised by the NCAA tourny goes to the NCAA itself.

This is a major reason why the bowl system hasn't been disolved for a playoff, schools make too much money on bowls to give it up for a playoff (which will still draw money, but I don't see sponsors swooping to the non-playoff bowls like they are now).

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Darth, you don't make money in basketball unless you make it to the dance, and even then it is rare. USF has already said that they will be operating in the red this season. So I wouldn't count on that 3M...

That doesn't sound right...

USF never made the tourney while in CDOA, yet USF took in over a $1-million per year before we were able to start receiving conference revenues from football.

I just have never heard of there not being ANY revenue sharing for hoops in the BE.

There is revenue sharing, but the teams that make the tourney get almost all of it.

The small chunk that is left goes to the remaining teams, I'll get the big east info soon hopefully I called and requested it 2 days ago.

UC also stands to make more money thanks to the Big East formula for sharing NCAA Tournament money, which rewards teams according to how far they advance rather than splitting the money evenly as C-USA does. It's difficult to estimate how much more UC will make, because some of the financial arrangements are being negotiated, but UC athletic director Bob Goin said the difference will be in the millions of dollars.

http://www.enquirer.com/bearcats/2003/11/05/wwwuc1qa.html

The key is you have to make the tournY i believe it is said about 85% will go to tourny teams...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the schools should dissolve the ncaa