• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

For where we are now, no reason to build a stadium.

I think M. Kelly would own up to that.

Why would he own up to something that's not true. There are plenty of reasons to build one ...... if you plan to continue playing football.

Where we were 15-18 years ago it made far more sense.  We're trying to catch up, but the train may leave without us.

You don't make investments this large to stay where you're at.

You're confusing me. Wouldn't building a stadium 15-18 years ago have been making a large investment to stay where we were at ....?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why would he own up to something that's not true. There are plenty of reasons to build one ...... if you plan to continue playing football.

We differ.  You and MK think a $340 million investment is a great long term investment for a program presently descending into irrelevance. That’s the current situation.

Now, I hope MK agrees with me that that’s not the reason for the stadium.  It’s to build for the future.

If the future turns out like the past, we’d be screwed.

The troubling situation is the future is getting more and more bleak (like the past), with each round of change resulting in other schools moving into more secure conferences.  

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're confusing me. Wouldn't building a stadium 15-18 years ago have been making a large investment to stay where we were at ....?

No. 

How’s your 401(k) after all these years?  Are you still at the same place you were 40 years ago?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

USF needs to build that stadium. Apparently, re-alignment is never over. 

Everyone assumed that the PAC 12 was fine just two years ago. The ACC may be next. 

Build the stadium, or just fold the program. Why half-ass it?

Edited by Bear
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

We differ.  You and MK think a $340 million investment is a great long term investment for a program presently descending into irrelevance. That’s the current situation.

We do definitely differ and we've gone over it before. Relevance is in the eye of the beholder. You would hope that the program's not descending into irrelevance in the eyes of some USF fans/donors but apparently it is. Some worry too much about who USF is playing as opposed to USF itself ....... MK's biggest mistake may be overestimating the passion of a  portion of the base

No. 

We differ again because all things point to yes.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I would suggest you’re confusing being proactive with being desperate.  

9 minutes ago, Bear said:

USF needs to build that stadium. Apparently, re-alignment is never over. 

Everyone assumed that the PAC 12 was fine just two years ago. The ACC may be next. 

Build the stadium, or just fold the program. Why half-ass it?

I think many of us realize CFB relevance is probably going to two conferences -  two super conferences.  The hope now is to get into a second-tier P3 or P4 conference.  That, by the day (not years), becomes more difficult. 

I’m not saying we can’t. I’m just saying that we’re not investing $340 million to be able to put the product we “currently” have on display for the fans we “currently” have - on campus.  I have people who disagree with me.

That’s the definition of low expectations.  

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

I would suggest you’re confusing being proactive with being desperate.  

Why would we have needed to think to be proactive? We were at the big boys table, having a modicum of success. We replaced a program that had won 5 nc's without an ocs and had a current BE brother that also shared a stadium with an NFL. Where would the urgency have come from to hit up a donor base to build an ocs .... a fan/donor base that wasn't really up to speed at that point on what it took to financially be up with the big boys.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We do definitely differ and we've gone over it before. Relevance is in the eye of the beholder. You would hope that the program's not descending into irrelevance in the eyes of some USF fans/donors but apparently it is. Some worry too much about who USF is playing as opposed to USF itself ....... MK's biggest mistake may be overestimating the passion of a  portion of the base

Yes, definitely the fans fault for having a bare minimum level of expectations. Nailed it. 

• Upvote 1