• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East vs. ACC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not really sure, to be honest.

Tell you what, though... IF you make it up there, let me know before you go and I'll have a fifth of Morgan and a bottle of Coke with your name on it!  Because I KNOW you're 21 or older... right?   *nudge* *wink*

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

hehehe, thanks man...your awesome, problem right now is getting my parents to let me go and a friends parents to let me go.  I really hope the guys here at TheBullspen can help a guy in need.  If someone on here would be able to sponsor us, I'm sure our parents would be a bit more keen on letting us go.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

The comparison to FSU is not completely fair.  While 3 of the teams were unranked, they are all quality teams going to bowls.  The ACC conference beats each other up a lot, making it difficult to remain ranked.  Most of the ACC teams that didn't start ranked or were ranked low to begin the season were ranked after every win and unranked after every loss.  Of course, this does not excuse the terrible losses to Clemson and UF that were not even contests late.  But then, USF lost to Pitt and UConn that are not even bowl teams in a weak conference, hence the title of potential skunks.

Had USF beaten Penn State, Miami, or West Virginia it would certainly compare a little better (with the addition of the Louisville win) to the FSU wins against Miami, Boston College, and of course Va Tech.

I am not arguing that FSU shouldnt be called a skunk of the BCS, because with the play at the end of season they certainly did not appear to be a quality team.  However, had they lost to Miami and BC early, then beat Clemson and UF to end the season, they are probably ranked a lot higher.  

What would have been worse is if any team from the Big 12 North went to the BCS.  The ACC Atlantic at least has quality teams in it.  Anyway, USF needed 2 upsets and to handle business at either UConn or Pitt to make it to the BCS.  To me, this puts them inbetween the other 2 potential skunks.

But really, I'm not sure why that guy has to call any team a "skunk" of the BCS if he knows the system.  A crappy division that has a conference title game can win 1 quality win all year and go to the BCS, and the BCS agreed to give the Big East a BCS berth, so if a team earns it why call them skunks anyway.  I agree that guy should be fair, but it seems the media will continue to disrepect USF for awhile still at least.