• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hire Huggins!!!

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Guest Bull_94

why do people bring up Eustacy like he is a good coach? S Miss is 2-4 this year.

They have scored 30, 33, & 35 points in losses to powerhouse teams like Denver and Samford.

I think we are getting far more for our money than S Miss is.

Can't drink champagne on a beer budget. and all they get for their champagne budget is a drunk.

No retreads here, please!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien
I think people are delussional if they believ USF is winning 10 conference games in the forseeable future. I don't think people understand how good these teams in the Big East really are yes we have played Louisville and UC the last few seasons, but UCONN and Syracuse and Villanova are just incredible teams, USF doesn't have CLOSE to the talent of those teams.

What would Huggins sign for? Reports are that he will go back to his home state to coach Marshall for 750k, we cannot afford that our athletic budget is not as enormous as some make it out to be. Dorty(sp.) went to FAU because he's been backballed (think Ron Zook), Eustachy is making a pretty decent salary (730k) at So Miss. We need to go after a young tough assistant like Anthony Grant at Florida or Cooper Collins at Duke

Again Joe, your just as bad as Rueb.  Come with some facts.  

I can come with facts.  I get annoyed debating with people on these boards that don't supply facts.  I love discussions with people that have real quantifiable facts.

How come Miami enter the Big East with a horrific hoops team that lost 31 of their first 32 hoops games,  in fact their first three years they were 1-17, 0-18, and 5-12, in their first three years.  In year four 94-95, all under Hamilton, they finished 9-9 in the BE, and went to the NIT, the following year 8-10 and just missed the NIT, the year after that 9-9 in the BE and another NIT, the next year 97-98 finished 11-7 and went to the NCAA's, IN 98-99 THEY WON THE BIG EAST 15-3 and still under Hamilton 99-00 won a share of the BE title at 13-5.  Even in Perry Clarks first two years, with Hamilton's recruits he went to the NIT, and NCAA.

The point is Miami is a clear cut model for USF.  AND, yes USF has just as much as Miami has, in fact more.  During most of Hamilton's formidable years they were either playing in the Heat's home, or their cramped lowly on-campus field house.  Miami recruited Miami strong, like they do in football, their budget was smaller than ours but it was all about finding the right coach.

No one here needs their head examined, a good coach, coupled with the recent upgrades and future upgrades to the program should easily give someone the opportunity to consistently win 7-10 Big East games.  That's not some monumental feat, now if I said 10-15 that would be a different story.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

S.Bien,

Thanks for that, I am obviously not the master debater that you are. (Sorry, couldn't resist) However, your use of semantics is not a good debate tactic either, and is rather schoolish (not even a word). All you did was bore everyone that read your pride-filled post. And Boredom is your enemy in a debate S.Bien.

See, I stated facts with about 40 words, but you wanted me to write a book - sorry but I don't have the time for that. In fact, I would like the 30 seconds it took to read your foolish reply back.

Bullsdoug- Funny quip about being cynical. I'm just trying to provide some much needed variety to the forum.

Happy Holidays,

Rueben

Guest S.  Bien
S.Bien,

Thanks for that, I am obviously not the master debater that you are. (Sorry, couldn't resist) However, your use of semantics is not a good debate tactic either, and is rather schoolish (not even a word). All you did was bore everyone that read your pride-filled post. And Boredom is your enemy in a debate S.Bien.

See, I stated facts with about 40 words, but you wanted me to write a book - sorry but I don't have the time for that. In fact, I would like the 30 seconds it took to read your foolish reply back.

Bullsdoug- Funny quip about being cynical. I'm just trying to provide some much needed variety to the forum.

Happy Holidays,

Rueben

I'll be more blunt- you didn't state facts, and that FACT hasn't changed.  So get over yourself and Huggy Bear.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We have done nothing but take steps backwards.  ............  

So making the semis of the CUSA conference tourney for the first time EVER is a step backward?? Facts are your friends .....

But at least we had players like BB WAldon, Altron Jackson and Reggie Kohn to some what watch, compete, and then lose the important game to not make the touney(at least there was a chance).  Now we have a bunch of never will be's.

Mattis and Buckley are already as good as BB and Altron.....

In fact I have a source who works in the USF athletics department who says that two players on our roster are from the girls practice squad (basically student coaches who were helping the girls team out)

Nice work, Inspector Clousseau, but that's already been brought up in here ...

Jeff B. - USF basketballs biggest ass, you will be able to tell who I am by the guy booing and screaming at the USF players and coaches at home all year.

There, fixed that for you ........

I don't think anyone here is happy where Bulls basketball is at THIS particular moment but CRM should get this year and next year to see if he can do the job. Why should he get it? See my above reference to last year's conference tourney ......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

we shouldn't have  given leavittsuch a big raise and thrown some money to basketball to hire a huggins

when guys like a eustachy,knight and huggins are available and you want to upgrade program

you have to go after these guys

rmc has had a fair shot

i say keep him for  thru next baskeball season and see what he can recruit over next 2 years BUT if huggins would come in cheap

you gotta GRAB HIM

smazza, Leavitt will generate enough money with the football program through bowl invites, memorabilia, etc to help pay for his raise. What sort of money has basketball generated?

I am with you that we give Coach Mac another year or 2. We have to give him enough time to recruit players for his system. I have seen improvement from year 1 to year 2, but it looks like we're goign to be taking a serious step in the wrong direction this year. I don't think that Woolard will put up with an utter embarassment that may come from our first year in the BE. I can easily see us going 0 for the Big East in our conference record this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm just trying to provide some much needed variety to the forum.

We already have cee and smazz providing the comic relief in here but you've certainly already shown you may give them a run for their money ............

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

If you think there is a high correlation between Miami's short-lived success and USF's future -- lay down the pipe kid.

And if you think USF will win 10 Big East games in a season over the next 3yrs -- as Joe said -- you are Delusional.

I'll give you a fact S.Bien -- Your posts are boring.

But I like your line of thinking, although it is very boring, you are trying to back up your opinions with facts (even though your facts are inane). I commend you for your analytical thinking, but it has a long way to go, so don't start thinking you're hot stuff yet S.Bien. Keep working at it. Try to be less abrasive too, no need for personal attacks on a USF athletic board.

Rueben

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

S. Bein,

Get your facts straight UCONN won the Big East in 98-99 (16-2), and then went on to win the NCAA and Big East Tourny. In 99-00 they were Big East Co-Regular Season Champs yes, but the Big East was terrible that season, 4 tourney teams, Miami still finished with 11 losses and ranked 23rd.

I'm not saying it is NOT possible, but we aren't even close to those Miami teams and have not shown one sign of being there. We bring in guys who have been rejected by other schools as non qualifiers or who couldn't work their way to a scholarship.

He has signed some players, but nothing that will give this team a chance to compete in conference. The Big East is much different than the Miami years there are many programs that traditionally are in the NCAA tourney, its going to be a tough uphill climb that will take years...

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Mattis and Buckley are as good as BB and Altron? Have you ever watched a basketball game?