• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Greenie almost beat Duke at Cameron

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Duke needed a 40-footer at the buzzer to escape with a 75-73 win. If that doesn't go in, V-Tech beats the #1 team in the country in their house.

Makes me wonder. Is Seth simply able to get better players because it's the ACC as opposed to (at the time) C-USA? I don't think he magically became a better coach.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

That game made me sick as an NC State fan.  That's two years in a row that VT has been screwed in Durham.  Last year they were called for about three times as many fouls as Duke; this year the miracle shot at the buzzer.

As for Greenberg, my opinion is that he's done a good job of matching the personnel with the players he has.  I don't necessarily think VT has a lot of talent, but the players have bought into his system.  He's doing pretty well considering VT's basketball tradition.  We'll see if he can keep it going in the ACC.  I have my doubts, but that's just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Absolute heartbreaker for Seth and the Hokies, they were the better team tonight and deserved it, but what a game.  

By the way, the refs check the monitor and put .6 back on the clock following Va Tech's tap in to go up by one, giving Duke 1.6 instead of 1.0 seconds to go 94 feet and score.... if they don't do that, the Hokies go home winners.  

One of those games that should make both teams better... Va Tech will start to believe and be even hungrier, and Duke will not take anyone lightly the rest of the way.  Right up there with Michigan State-Gonzaga for drama.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

YAWN!!!!!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Makes me wonder. Is Seth simply able to get better players because it's the ACC as opposed to (at the time) C-USA? I don't think he magically became a better coach.
Of course - it's the ACC and he's able to recruit up and down the eastern seaboard for a higher caliber of player. Va Tech is an easier sell than USF because the school is well-established and known nationwide. I don't think he magically became a better coach, but I think everyone learns from their past experience, so I expect that he makes better decisions now if for no other reason than he's been around longer now.
As for Greenberg, my opinion is that he's done a good job of matching the personnel with the players he has.
My thoughts exactly - I always thought that his system demanded a higher caliber of player than what he could get at USF.

The irony here of course is that USF is now in the Big East and he would likely be loaded with Big East caliber players by now...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what a game

they showed it in LA

the last thing i saw before going to bed was seth

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

the last thing i saw before going to bed was seth

You better watch it, Sheriff might get jealous.   ;D

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Seth has really done well for himself since he left. Doesn't get any worse than losing the way they did last night.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Would we be better off with Seth now?  :)

Who knows?  There'd be more pizza before games, though...  ;)