• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Media Coverage of the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nuke, the Bulls gotta win BIG, when the Lightning were winning, but slipping into the playoffs as a lower seed there was no coverage, but when they have a great season get a high seed and go to the cup finals the media is all over them...

The Bulls went 4-7 last year and 6-5 this year. Those aren't great numbers that would cause a casual fan to go bananas about...We're a young program, I'm not saying its bad. I'm just saying the casual fan doesn't see it as great. We do the winning and the media will come around.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

the bucs filled the stadium and were the talk of the town before they won big, as far as the media goes USF is a huge asset to the bay area bigger than Mcdill AFB or any Corporation. The papers have devoted 10 to 1 more space on the trail of a former Proff then on anything possitive for the university like the football team.

The Bucs were the 1st major professional sports team the city had seen when it was still young.

Is USF the school worth more than McDill, that might be pushing it, but there is plenty of positive press on USF..

I just search TBO.com there have been 92 articles about USF in the last 30 days, anout 1/2 being sports related and not just football...

Doing a search for FSU i found 192 sports related articles in the same time period.

as far as the Value thing I will try not get off point but is a known fact that Major Universities have an enormous impact on their cities from churning out an educated work force to attract corporations to providing Health care to creating jobs and improving quality of life with sports and other activities

nuke FSU and UF are two of the biggest research universities in the WORLD, its not fair to compare USF to them, I guarentee a lot of those articles are dealing with research.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

the bucs filled the stadium and were the talk of the town before they won big,

Not true. Pre Dungy and the Glazers, the Bucs never averaged 60K, except the very early years. Most years the average attendance was in the 40's with a big chunk of that being opposing teams fans ...

That is true Triple i meant to mention that, I went to the Buc/Packers game in 1993, 45,000 or so in attendance and about 15,000 were for the Packers..

All of the FSU articles were sports related. The time period I was reffering to in the context of the posts was right before they started they made seroius runs in the playoffs not 1993 I would consider going to the play offs and being knocked out in wildcard game the same as going to your first ever bowl.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when the bucs came to town

smazza made a small fortune selling orange hankerchefs for a buck each

by the time of was selling 300-400 a game the fuzz shut me down

Does anyone besides me ever wonder what Smazza looks like?