• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Media Coverage of the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

After watching the news over here and getting almost no coverage, I am calling on all Orlando area Bulls fans to speak up to the Orlando area media.

Please make your voice heard using these links:

WOFL Fox News - Sports

http://www.wofl.com/sports/contact.shtml

WESH NBC News - Sports

http://www.wesh.com/station/290180/detail.html

Buddy Pittman

mailto:rpittman@hearst.com

Pat Clarke

mailto:pclarke@hearst.com

WKMG - CBS Local 6 Sports Director Todd Lewis

mailto:tlewis@local6.com

WFTV - ABC News

http://www.wftv.com/contact/index.html

Orlando Sentinel Sports

Associate Managing Editor Van McKenzie 407-420-6157

mailto:vmckenzie@orlandosentinel.com

Executive Sports Editor Lynn Hoppes, 407-420-5122

mailto:lhoppes@orlandosentinel.com

Deputy Sports Editor Bill Speros, 407-650-6344

mailto:bsperos@orlandosentinel.com

Deputy Sports Editor Roger Simmons, 407-420-5336

mailto:rsimmons@orlandosentinel.com

College Sports and Auto Racing Mike Huguenin, 407-420-5252

mailto:mhuguenin@orlandosentinel.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

maybe its just me, but i dont want to read about UCF on the front page here in Tampa and i'm sure they don't want USF news over UCF news over there.  I mean they did host a CUSA championship...

Move back to Tampa to get the St Pete times in your driveway  ;D

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

I am not saying I want a page or a quarter of a page.  I want more than two sentences.  I am not wanting a boatload of coverage, just a score mentioned on TV, or even an acknowledgement of a bowl.

Not a lot of coverage, just a little.

I so do not want it in your face, just a mention.  When they do - UCF, UF, FSU, Miami, BCC, FAMU, Stetson, Rollings and somehow forget to mention USF - I have a little bit of a problem with that.

I read the trib and times online, I am not worried about that.  There are more alumni over here then they like to acknowledge.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

than that deserves an email if they are overlooking USF!!  Go Bulls!

Sorry if it seemed like i was shooting you down.. that wasn't what i was implying at all

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

maybe its just me, but i dont want to read about UCF on the front page here in Tampa and i'm sure they don't want USF news over UCF news over there.  I mean they did host a CUSA championship...

Move back to Tampa to get the St Pete times in your driveway  ;D

And read about the Seminoles and Gators endlessly, I will bet a dime to a dollar there are more USF Alumni than FSU or Gators in this market.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I am not saying I want a page or a quarter of a page.  I want more than two sentences.  I am not wanting a boatload of coverage, just a score mentioned on TV, or even an acknowledgement of a bowl.

It's just part of the Orlando envy of all things Tampa, sportswise ........

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Haha Trip,

Being an Orlando native I must say that the coverage is lacking. When I was home for Thanksgiving they had severall articles on the Knats, which was an improvement. That being said I disagree with Nuke, Florida and Florida State fans outnumber the USF/UCF fans in all markets in the state. Newspapers slant their coverage to what most readers want, until people start showing for our games they will automattically assume there is no interest.

I don't think a media stampede will get it there, but its a start.

Haha Trip,

Being an Orlando native I must say that the coverage is lacking. When I was home for Thanksgiving they had severall articles on the Knats, which was an improvement. That being said I disagree with Nuke, Florida and Florida State fans outnumber the USF/UCF fans in all markets in the state. Newspapers slant their coverage to what most readers want, until people start showing for our games they will automattically assume there is no interest.

I don't think a media stampede will get it there, but its a start.

I never said anything about fans I said Alumni and I stand by the staement that USF Alumni outnuber FSU and Gator Alumni in this area. Plain math is 45,000 students a year mostly local over 40 plus years adds up to a lot of Alumni

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya nuke, but Alumni doesn't equal fans. We need to show them that there are  FANS in the area, I know a majority of the people in my classes couldn't tell you USF's record or who they played in every game this year.

That is the problem Alumni should equal fans but the media does not do enough to make the Bulls the team to watch, there are a lot of fence sitters that will go with what ever is considered the in thing. The Bucs proved that as did the Lightning, once they became the talk of the town everyone had to be there at the games, some would say winning did this but the Bulls have won since day one and have set new standards for college football teams starting out. If more of an effort were made to let the public know about the team I think the crowds would be bigger. The local papers always have an article about the Bulls opponenets local recruit who is doing so well at the opponents school, I can only think of 2 feel good stories about the Bulls players.