• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

39 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed 100%, I’m all about Brey, I personally think he’d be the best hire; BUT, USF will hire FAU’s assistant coach instead.  

If we hire all their coaches, they can't beat us right?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

If we hire all their coaches, they can't beat us right?

For once I am all for hiring a FAU coach. Dusty May would be a great hire. Brey as well would be a good hire. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

48 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

For once I am all for hiring a FAU coach. Dusty May would be a great hire. Brey as well would be a good hire. 

Not trolling, just wondering: Why is May a “great” hire and Brey is a “good” hire?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Not trolling, just wondering: Why is May a “great” hire and Brey is a “good” hire?

Actually I should have phrased it differently. I think both would be great hires. When it comes to Brey you cant beat his experience and his winning and tournament record. Perhaps worried a little regarding his last year, but that's only a minor worry. When it comes to May he has taken a losing FAU team to a winning record every year he has been there, with 32 wins so far this season. If FAU wins today they will have achieved something that USF has never achieved in its history; a sweet sixteen. The drawback to May is you going on only one great year.

In the end I would be happy with either hire

50 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

3 of ND's last 5 seasons were below .500

Yep, and 3 of their last 6 they won 20+ including 24 wins and a NCAA first-round win last year. We can nitpick his recent record, but the guy hasn’t forgotten how to coach and his career record is +250 W/L

From 2006-07 to 2017-18, he won 24, 25, 21, 23, 27, 22, 25, 15, 32, 24, 26, 21.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yep, and 3 of their last 6 they won 20+ including 24 wins and a NCAA first-round win last year. We can nitpick his recent record, but the guy hasn’t forgotten how to coach and his career record is +250 W/L

If we really want to go back I can point out he only had 1 losing season in his first 18.  I don't care if we hire him, but he's not a slam dunk either

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

If we really want to go back I can point out he only had 1 losing season in his first 18.  I don't care if we hire him, but he's not a slam dunk either

No such thing, but he’s the closest out there not named Pitino, and certainly closer than some guy from C-USA who, prior to this year, was 10 games over .500 in four seasons as a head coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No such thing, but he’s the closest out there not named Pitino, and certainly closer than some guy from C-USA who, prior to this year, was 10 games over .500 in four seasons as a head coach.

I'm assuming you mean Dusty May.   He took over a horrible program (7 straight losing seasons and 9 of last 10 prior to him arriving at FAU) and just led them to their 4th straight winning season and their 1st NCAA tournament victory in school history in his 4th season there (their 2nd ever appearance).  His winning percentage is just slightly behind Brey's when Brey left Delaware for Notre Dame.

I'd be happy with either one being hired as it would at least show there was an attempt to go after a big name successful coach.  For the record, I'd be shocked if we got either one unless maybe Brey is ready to "retire" to Florida

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm assuming you mean Dusty May.   He took over a horrible program (7 straight losing seasons and 9 of last 10 prior to him arriving at FAU) and just led them to their 4th straight winning season and their 1st NCAA tournament victory in school history in his 4th season there (their 2nd ever appearance).  His winning percentage is just slightly behind Brey's when Brey left Delaware for Notre Dame.

I'd be happy with either one being hired as it would at least show there was an attempt to go after a big name successful coach.  For the record, I'd be shocked if we got either one unless maybe Brey is ready to "retire" to Florida

Honestly, I believe you’re right. It’s fun to discuss, but I’m sure it’ll be someone none of us have even mentioned.