• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does C Hill start in Charlotte?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

If the JUNIOR Julmiste is the "same" (as you say) as the TRUE FRESHMAN Hill, and Hill DOES have the advantage in the running game, how can you argue for Julmiste?

...just using your very own opinions...

I'm not arguing for PJ. Read what I said. I said the advantage may garner Hill more playing time and nowhere did I say that was a bad thing.....

All I was pointing out was that Hill's passing didn't look any better than PJ's.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tb- sees these games thru bulls colored glasses

this is not a bad thing

I prefer to call my views "reality based"

when tb insults others because they disagree is a bad thing

Calling someone's observation "absurd" is an insult???

randygator- you notice the rainbows that pj throws and we allhope our receiver catches. ABSURD THAT IS OUR GO TO PLAY

Good one, smazz .........   ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not arguing for PJ. Read what I said. I said the advantage may garner Hill more playing time and nowhere did I say that was a bad thing.....

All I was pointing out was that Hill's passing didn't look any better than PJ's.

Hell, the very 1st pass he MADE was one PJ wouldnt have made.

As I said in my other post, a guy behind me was arguing for PJ. So I started counting plays that Hill made the PJ wouldnt have made, and after about 7 it got silly.

No one said that Carlton Hill is Vince Young, but cmon, PJ has zero potential for a big play. Hill, on the other hand does. And if they're both even in every other category, I'll take the potential "big one" any day of the week.

Look, the bowl game really doesnt mean anything win/loss wise. Yeah, you want to win, but in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather give the future of our program a full 60 minute practice game vs a real opponent. Let him go in there and make mistakes that dont count. Make mistakes that he can learn from and come into next year with some quality playing time under his belt.

This probably wont happen cause Leavitt is loyal, to a fault, sometimes. He'll start Julsucke, then work Hill into the game later. That's the reality of it, but that doesnt mean we have to be happy about it. ;)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Chill should've been getting significant playing time in the blowouts at FAMU, UCF, and Syracuse.  I don't believe the coaches think he is the QB of our future.  I strongly believe they see Grothe taking over midseason next year.

And thats fine, if he's the better QB.

I'm just hoping that Carlton Hill is the one he takes over for at midseason, if he is in fact going to take over.

May the best man play.

Hell, the very 1st pass he MADE was one PJ wouldnt have made.

Sheer conjecture on the part of the witness ....

As I said in my other post, a guy behind me was arguing for PJ. So I started counting plays that Hill made the PJ wouldnt have made, and after about 7 it got silly.

Probably got silly after you said Hill handed off better than PJ did ...   ;)

No one said that Carlton Hill is Vince Young, but cmon, PJ has zero potential for a big play. Hill, on the other hand does. And if they're both even in every other category, I'll take the potential "big one" any day of the week.

If you're talking about big plays running the ball,  I agree 100%. If you're saying that PJ has ZERO potential for big passing plays also, then you're just being a hater and refusing to give Pat credit for ANYTHING positive.

I'm all for giving PJ the start because he's the qb who got us there but have no qualms about going to CHill early to see what he's got .....

If you're talking about big plays running the ball,  I agree 100%. If you're saying that PJ has ZERO potential for big passing plays also, then you're just being a hater and refusing to give Pat credit for ANYTHING positive.

Example, last night:

Play 1 - PJ back to pass. The 14 people around me, screeeeaming for the pass over the middle to Amarri, who was 2 steps ahead of his man, with NO safety help.....pass incomplete to the other side of the field, to someone not named Amarri, who was double covered.

Next passing play - PJ back to pass. Amarri now covered, streaking down the sideline, WITH safety help....pass underthrown, to the inside shoulder, picked off......and all because he did that hop-step throw off his back foot thing(again).

Bottom line is that I think we're not very far off in our opinions, maybe I feel a little stronger about PJ than you, but overall, we're saying a lot of the same things...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  18

Regardless of any opinions given here, Leavitt will start Julmiste in Charlotte; that's CJL's style and PJ has earned the right to start (6 wins).  We will see CHill play, though.

That being said, does anyone have the official box score on CHill's final numbers?  GoUSFBulls.com has the UCONN stats in place of the WVU games stats.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Undoubtedly.

Unmistakably.

Definitely.

YES.

The kid showed us a glimpse of the future tonight.....and the future is bright.

SO Bright you need shades............... sorry I had to do it