• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think they just closed the Woolworths on Fowler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

preview52.jpg

Reading the complete details of the Leavitt deal it occured to me that the nickel and diming days may be over at USF athletics.

This is the first time, at least in my memory, that something got done in a first class way. No penny pinching or crying poor. They wanted to keep the coach and they did what it took to make it happen.

Congratulations and thank you, thank you and thank you.

It seems to be part of a trend. A new attitude and philosophy. They renovated part of the SunDome right? I haven't seen it so I cannot speak to what kind of job was done, but it has been a long time in the coming. Now I can't wait to see what happens with the baseball stadium.

Happiness and joy all around guys.  ;D

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but everything Doug Woolard has done has been in high class. He was a really good hire.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but everything Doug Woolard has done has been in high class. He was a really good hire.

Absolutely...  replacing LRS can't 100% be done and wasn't easy, but we certainly found a top notch AD...  **** glad to have you Doug!

No offense to Selmon, but he wasnt an AD. He was a figurehead and a fundraiser. Woolard is an administrator with the experience to get the job done. Selmon is still doing what he is good at, and Woolard is making the clock tick.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't say he was a true AD... just that what he meant to this program getting off the ground is irreplaceable.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

No offense to Selmon, but he wasnt an AD. He was a figurehead and a fundraiser. Woolard is an administrator with the experience to get the job done. Selmon is still doing what he is good at, and Woolard is making the clock tick.

In regards to Selmon, you can only make a statem't like that if you are a true insider.  Your statement sets a tone of diminishing Selmon as an administrator which I might be mis-reading due to this being a MBB.  Selmon was an excellent administrator as well as a profound "torch bearer" of USF athletics from the public view IMO. He was a key cog in getting USF into the BE.  Ã‚ This takes nothing away from Woolard.  To date he has been excellent in his own right.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

woolards.txt

I guess you guys are right, Doug Woolard has been doing a great job so I renamed the place. (Taking off the negative connotaion

In regards to Selmon, you can only make a statem't like that if you are a true insider.  Your statement sets a tone of diminishing Selmon as an administrator which I might be mis-reading due to this being a MBB.  Selmon was an excellent administrator as well as a profound "torch bearer" of USF athletics from the public view IMO. He was a key cog in getting USF into the BE.   This takes nothing away from Woolard.  To date he has been excellent in his own right.

In no way did i mean to diminish anything Selmon has done at USF in any way. I think he is a good person to have around both for his experiences and his connection to the community, but I think bringing in Woolard was the best thing to happen to USF Athletics since Football.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

There is no excuse for having to go through this again in five years.  If the topic of CJL moving on is brought up, CJL needs to quash it.  

USF has stepped up TWICE now with the money while allowing CJL hold all power in this program.  If the rumor mill starts again, and I think it will, CJL will  need to step up and state that he has no intention of leaving.