• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How You Are Hurting My Beloved Alma Mater

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

What good does this Fire Rod Smith stuff do? The answer is none. Do you really think Doug Woolard or Jim Leavitt, professionals, are going to make a decision based on what a couple of uninformed fans think? There is so much that happens on a team that none of us know about. This  stuff effects the way players play, the plays coaches call, etc.

What harm does this do- a lot. It distracts the coaches and players, it hurts people, and directly effects recruiting. There is a QB at Hillsborough High right now who can player wherever he wanst. For us to get him would be a coup. The coach staff has worked years to make inroads so he thinks about us and not just UF/FSU, but when comes home and sees "FIreRodSmith.com" on the BayNews 9 or hears about from a friend, you negate the work that our staff has done. YOU ARE HURTING THE PROGRAM.

We complain all year about attendance, all of us. Do you think this helps attendance? No, again, it hurts attendance. When we boo our own coach it doesn't exactly make RJS a tough place for WVU to play.

Further, let's get a little deeper. Why are people talking about Rod Smith's weight? What does calling him fat have to do with anything? By the way, no one I have met on this board looks like they have washboard abs. So now we have people who are making personal attacks as well.  Where I am from, if you say something like that about someone and they have a cousin or friend who catches you at a bar, be prepared to own up to it. Would you call Rod Smith fat to his face?

Also, who wants to use their time to create a website like this? Kinda sick in my opinion. Wouldn't you rather do something positive in your spare time?

True fans are entitled to complain about calls every so often. And while you have the right to do or say whatever you want, you have the responsibility as a Bull (and a human being) not to. In the words of an old friend, "You are either part of the problem or the solution." We have improved from last year and overachieved, making all the preseason prognosticators who picked us to go 4-7 eat crow. Right main problems we do have, with football and basketball, are recruiting and attendance. I. Until then you are just making their lives more difficult, and embarassing yourselves in the process. So I ask you all what you are part of; the problem or the solution. I'm finished now thank you for listening. -DM

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Are you still talking about this? Because I don't think anyone is listening.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

And let me just one thing regarding this subject:

"Please do not boo our team/player/coach at ANY time."

Puhlease !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I disagree Kyle, I think he's quite right, as do many others of us on this board.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Now, I may be biased, but if I were considering coming to USF to play, I'd probably already know how they tanked against Pitt and more notably UCONN. I'm sorry but criticism is part of the big time...but if you want to follow blindly go ahead.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Can't we just all get along...          ::)

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Dmince, that really needed to be said.

while I agree with the sentiment and understand the motivations of the negative stuff.  I really think there are more contructive ways to get ot done.  

Sorry <insert name> EI,  but the site does not reflect on the school well.  I understand that poor performance on the field can have the same effect to recruits and the media, but we should take the high road here.  Things like having a letter writing campaign to the Jim and Woolard would be better and not give negative "PR" signals.

Now if it were a website making fun of Orlando and UCF, I'm all for it.  There can be no wrong in that.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Now, I may be biased, but if I were considering coming to USF to play, I'd probably already know how they tanked against Pitt and more notably UCONN. I'm sorry but criticism is part of the big time...but if you want to follow blindly go ahead.

We play in a bigtime league, but we are not bigtime.

Well as a fan of a school with extremely limited resources, you should understand why it is not to our benefit to associate negativism to our program.  The coaches and administrators are aware of the issues.  They then have to shift attention and resources to "our" attacks instead of being proactive in marketing the program.  Thats how it works.  we are still in our infancy.

If you don't like it, give more money to the school.  Encourage others to give.  Only then will we be big time.