• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Decision Has Been Made

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Somehow some way the cjl ride or dies always find a way to pollute the board with nonsense. Give it a rest. I’ll give you guys this compromise. Hire him a defensive coordinator for chadwell and  Would help light the passion of the old farts and the excitement of a new coach. He is never going to be the head coach here. There is a reason he has no other offers to be head coach. He’s a good coordinator but hiring him as head coach for us is honestly settling. It would mean we are content with just going bowling. Having **** coordinators and were stuck in this place where “he sure does love usf”…

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Mango028 said:

Somehow some way the cjl ride or dies always find a way to pollute the board with nonsense. Give it a rest. I’ll give you guys this compromise. Hire him a defensive coordinator for chadwell and  Would help light the passion of the old farts and the excitement of a new coach. He is never going to be the head coach here. There is a reason he has no other offers to be head coach. He’s a good coordinator but hiring him as head coach for us is honestly settling. It would mean we are content with just going bowling. Having **** coordinators and were stuck in this place where “he sure does love usf”…

Fake news….

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Or true ignorance (the innocent ignorance of youth variety).  And it sounds like a gas problem too.  Sure does fire up those that have no idea what it's like to win at USF.  But still welcomed gibberish....

• Go Bulls! 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Or true ignorance (the innocent ignorance of youth variety).  And it sounds like a gas problem too.  Sure does fire up those that have no idea what it's like to win at USF.

Exactly. People that think 65 is old must not be aging very well…

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Or true ignorance (the innocent ignorance of youth variety).  And it sounds like a gas problem too.  Sure does fire up those that have no idea what it's like to win at USF.  But still welcomed gibberish....

Ah, i played baseball at usf. I bleed green and gold. During my time he was coaching. I have alot of respect for him and what he has done for the program. Make no mistake. I’m 37 so youthful not so much but I still know he wasn’t the guy to take us to the next level. Great coach but we have to be honest with ourselves at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest with ourselves.  It doesn't mean we think the same way.  But we can be honest. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat as the oldtimers say.  There is an option if USF would take it that can be successful.  You may disagree.  

Sorry you missed the golden days and all the excitement of the 90s.  As a kid, were you aware of the program starting up?

3 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

Ah, i played baseball at usf. I bleed green and gold. During my time he was coaching. I have alot of respect for him and what he has done for the program. Make no mistake. I’m 37 so youthful not so much but I still know he wasn’t the guy to take us to the next level. Great coach but we have to be honest with ourselves at the same time. 

37 is very young. And I agree that if CJL was winning conference championships and 10 games a season that he never gets fired. USF just basically used the BS locker room story as an excuse to fire CJL without having to pay as much.

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

Let's be honest with ourselves.  It doesn't mean we think the same way.  But we can be honest. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat as the oldtimers say.  There is an option if USF would take it that can be successful.  You may disagree.  

Sorry you missed the golden days and all the excitement of the 90s.  As a kid, were you aware of the program starting up?

I’m sure I missed a lot but yes I don’t disagree I wouldn’t say we wouldn’t be successful under him. We would. We had the teams to win more games and win conf championships. He had his chance to do that with some of our best teams ever. That never happened and if that incident never happened he would have still been on the hot seat. We can be honest and disagree but winning the games you aren’t expected to win and lose the ones you are..never winning a title…those are real things. We were growing fast and he wasn’t the guy to get us over the hump. Taggart was that guy for us..if he had only stayed. 

I figured you as a Taggart guy, with the join date of 2016.  Not to offend, but that one season (with likely the greatest combination of talent we've ever had) seemed to mean so much more to more recent fans than actually playing a BCS schedule with unknown "two and three star" guys that had to bust their ass.  And also beating a lot of top teams.   Anyway, as many do argue, Tags benefitted from talent and a lighter conference and schedule.  It was talent he attracted, no one can take that away.  It aided Charlie too. I think Leavitt was a far better coach.  We'll disagree on that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I figured you as a Taggart guy, with the join date of 2016.  Not to offend, but that one season (with likely the greatest combination of talent we've ever had) seemed to mean so much more to more recent fans than actually playing a BCS schedule with unknown "two and three star" guys that had to bust their ass.  And also beating a lot of top teams.   Anyway, as many do argue, Tags benefitted from talent and a lighter conference and schedule.  It was talent he attracted, no one can take that away.  It aided Charlie too. I think Leavitt was a far better coach.  We'll disagree on that.

Really wish I could find the article on the pool for assistant coach salaries, Holtz got like 100% more than Leavitt. Forget what he did with lesser players, he was also handcuffed with being able to hire competent assistants for much of his time here because the admin didn't support him financially. 

Edited by Orlando Bull