• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We're now down to 1 Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville accepted bid to Gator;

Rutgers goes bowling for the first time in 27 years to the Insight in Phoenix;

Meineke in Charlotte remains.

If UConn beats Louisville without QB Brohm (out for season) then we have a problem.

Funny how a Brohm-less Louisville gets the bid for the big game in Jax and we could get passed over by a UConn..

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

we should let them know we will come I have

This guy is the man there:

wwebb@raycomsports.com

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

the motor city is an option.......

let me ask you this

If Uconn wins on Saturday, why shouldn't they get a Bowl Bid before us? That would give them a win against Louisville and they beat us head to head. If Uconn wins I would be upset if I were a UCONN fan if they didnt get the bid. That being said go LOUISVILLE

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

let me ask you this

If Uconn wins on Saturday, why shouldn't they get a Bowl Bid before us? That would give them a win against Louisville and they beat us head to head. If Uconn wins I would be upset if I were a UCONN fan if they didnt get the bid. That being said go LOUISVILLE

USF would still finish well above them in conference standings if that does not count for anything than they should not even be in the conference. UCONN has only 2 BE wins

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Its all a matter of dollars and cents people. Thats what these bowls are all about.

Louisville is notorious for traveling well and has a program that has gained national recognition the past few years, they were a no brainer for the Gator after it was clear they couldn't win the BE.

If the choice was between UConn and USF you have to look at some factors (records aside) that these Bowl people would be looking at.

- UConn is a program that has a national recognition (even if it is another sport).

- Attendance for the game Saturday was 40,000 (paid) with a kick-off temp of 33 degrees, which I'm sure got colder fast. We rarely crack 35,000 in what is considered a "Football Town"

- UConn would have wins over us and L'Ville in back to back weeks, where we would have L'Ville on our resume.

Its a popularity contest, plain and simple. It may suck, but its fact.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Uh, don't we have a game against WV ?  That won't count for anything if we win ?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Uh, don't we have a game against WV ?  That won't count for anything if we win ?

Yeah it'll count for something, but if UConn wins its all up to the people running the Meineke Car Care Bowl and what they feel is best for them.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Yeah it'll count for something, but if UConn wins its all up to the people running the Meineke Car Care Bowl and what they feel is best for them.

if we win we are in charlotte...end of story.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

we should have just beaten UConn

If Clemson is selected ahead of the Meineke, NC State would play in Charlotte.  And even if the Bulls win, they could still go to Detroit to avoid a UConn repeat.

One irony: In 2002, USC's win over ND prevented USF from playing in the Motor City.  SC's off coord was Norm Chow (now w/ the Titans), who was replaced in Raleigh by Mike Canales (former Bulls OC now @ Arizona).  The Wolfpack beat the Irish in that year's Gator Bowl.  Thus, a trip to Detroit or a meeting near Tobacco Road would be redemption for the Bulls.