• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In defense of PJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

:o  

I don't write this to be hurtful in any way.   Maybe PJ has some physical ability that qualifies him to be our starting qb. A strong arm?  Fast legs? I don't know. From my observations, I am convinced PJ's problems a more mental than physical.  By that I mean I don't think he is intellectually gifted enough to play the position of qb successfully.  This is not an attack on black athletes' intellectual capabilities, only PJ's.  Many blacks have and do play qb successfully.  PJ is not one of them.  

Even the commentators keep noting that pj is a "work in progress."  My question is, how long will that "work in progress" take?  He hasn't gotten it and I doubt he will.

Maybe PJ is smart enough to be a doctor or lawyer, I don't know.  I am certain though he isn't smart enough to be a successful qb at a d1,bcs university.   :o

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

The term "Work in progress" only applies to loser teams with poor records. I sure hope they know what they're doing. We need a leader and the leaders on this team are not getting their shot! Grothe and Hill should have been our starters.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21

"work in progress"?????? I love when they say they are developing his passing skills......he can't run either. If he is a work in progress then so am I. I can't run or pass either. And......its not like PJ is a freshman. Enough!!!!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

On separate occasions, all repeated, throughout the game yesterday, Pat Julsucke:

1. Jumped while throwing

2. Threw off his back foot

3. Tip toed while throwing

4. Stepped into 5 yd throws, releasing the ball at 146MPH

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

again, this is CJL's goof up.. he took a chance by recruiting one of these "camp guys" as i would like to call them.. the kyle boller's of the world that have rocket arms, good size, run decently fast, can hit a plastic bullseye on a moving golfcart 25 yds away...

the problem lies in the fact that we dont need a "camp enigma" like julmiste, or boller... WE NEED A GUY WHO CAN PLAY QUARTERBACK... let's face it, we have a bunch of sick athletes at WR and RB, we just need a game manager who can get them the ball, a la ken dorsey for miami.. i think USF is built much like Miami was, and the key component has to be that game manager at QB.. we dont need a sexy QB that can scramble and throw a 60 yd dart, we just need a QB that can get it into the hands of our playmakers