• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida was a program-changing win & they blew it…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

they win that game, the narrative of this season changes regardless of the rest of the schedule.

it was a stepping stone.

but they blew it & theyre just not good enough to build off a loss, no matter how well played.

the only thing that changes this season is winning an AAC championship. i dont even think squeezing out bowl eligibility, as impressive as that would be given the garbage coaching staff, would be enough.

there are moments in history that this program made a name for itself by winning… they just havent been able to seize those moments like they used to.

not making any more plans around this team this season. not struggling thru 3rd rate streams cuz the game is on some 3rd rate local station. not donating anymore money. if i happen to catch a game here or there i will always cheer them on but continuing to dump money & time into this program just doesnt make sense.

its just not fun to watch at all.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Nope! Gainesville ain’t that good. Let’s get 6 wins or better this season before we talk about program  changers 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

they win that game, the narrative of this season changes regardless of the rest of the schedule.

Disagree.  

That was a much needed win we failed to get, but Florida isn't good right now. I didn't want to rain too much on the positive 'almost got em' vibes last week, but to me UF was clearly a team coming off a losing season with a new head coach.

While we needed the win for recruiting, AAC conference bragging rights and to appeal to higher conferences.... those positives from the win would have dried up if we failed the rest of the season.  (And unfortunately it looks like we're on track for that)

The only thing it *may* have bought is a more credible excuse for this week's loss as some would have been able to say "Well we put all our chips into beating Florida and wore out our players too much.  Todays loss was due to hangover from a huge win and injuries".  Problem with that excuse is that today was a VERRRRRY uncompetitive game, which is becoming the Jeff Scott special....So it woulda been hard for others like myself to believe.

Last thing I'll say is the remainder of the games do matter though.  And I too, sometimes tell myself "I'm done" after a bad loss... but still manage to find a way back.  If nothing else you can look for individual performances like Battie.  (I'm paranoid he's gonna get snapped up by a P5 team so gotta enjoy his play while I can.)