• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An OCS Can’t Fix That

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Some people are such short sighted . . .

Care to elaborate?  I won't call you a troll.  I honestly think everyone posting here (unless I'm missing something) wants USF to be better.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BullShirt said:

Care to elaborate?  I won't call you a troll.  I honestly think everyone posting here (unless I'm missing something) wants USF to be better.

E.T., I really would like for you to elaborate on your comment.  I'm not trolling, I really would like to know what your thoughts are.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

56 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

E.T., I really would like for you to elaborate on your comment.  I'm not trolling, I really would like to know what your thoughts are.

An OCS won’t magically solve our problems, but an OCS will do wonders in bringing back alumni to campus to see what is happening there and maybe some will support the university more. For students it will mean being able to attend games, concerts, etc, right on campus not having to drive somewhere else. I didn’t have a car during my first three years at USF and I’m sure there are many current students in same situation.

Having those on campus facilities will generate more engagement and excitement from everyone that attends and will also help future coaches recruit.

It is something that has been needed and now will happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

FWIW

I just got done teaching my undergrad class here at UF.

I have four UF football players - one was a big recruit - and one women's basketball player in my class (I was borderline considering failing them to make them ineligible to play this weekend - 😂 jk jk).

And I asked them point blank - "as a recruit, would it be more attractive to play at a half-empty NFL stadium, or would you rather play in a smaller on-campus if it looked a little more full and potentially brought along a couple more students walking?"

They all said they'd rather play on-campus. They hated the idea that students would have to drive 30 minutes, risk DUIs, etc. just to watch them play when they could just tailgate and walk to their games, and one said that the NFL stadium would probably not feel like it belonged to them.

This is a true story. I realize this doesn't change much in general and the OCS is on the way, but hearing all of them literary said "on-campus" without hesitation has completely debunked to me the importance of RJ as a "recruiting tool," if anything, it might've been overplayed once USF made it to FBS D1 level.

Anyways, can't wait for USF stadium.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

FWIW

I just got done teaching my undergrad class here at UF.

I have four UF football players - one was a big recruit - and one women's basketball player in my class (I was borderline considering failing them to make them ineligible to play this weekend - 😂 jk jk).

And I asked them point blank - "as a recruit, would it be more attractive to play at a half-empty NFL stadium, or would you rather play in a smaller on-campus if it looked a little more full and potentially brought along a couple more students walking?"

They all said they'd rather play on-campus. They hated the idea that students would have to drive 30 minutes, risk DUIs, etc. just to watch them play when they could just tailgate and walk to their games, and one said that the NFL stadium would probably not feel like it belonged to them.

This is a true story. I realize this doesn't change much in general and the OCS is on the way, but hearing all of them literary said "on-campus" without hesitation has completely debunked to me the importance of RJ as a "recruiting tool," if anything, it might've been overplayed once USF made it to FBS D1 level.

Anyways, can't wait for USF stadium.

Thanks for sharing this. I agree and I have said many years ago that a 30 to 40k OCS that draws average of about 25k looks & feels a lot better than a 70k pro stadium that has about 25k. The atmospheres suck in those big NFL stadiums compared to OCS. I been to many road games that had both NFL & OCStadiums and the OCS > than NFL college games in my experiences 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I been to many road games that had both NFL & OCStadiums and the OCS > than NFL college games in my experiences 

It is more fun.