• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

FSU and Clemson are gone in this scenario. OSU is the top remaining football school between the two conferences overall. I think TCU is the only other school that has made the most noise recently between the two conferences? Most\some of the ACC schools are basketball schools for the most part.

Baylor had some great years as well. Cincy made the playoffs not that long ago. I think the bottom of the Big 12 is probably stronger than the ACC bottom ( Syracuse, Boston College, Wake Forest, Duke,...)

It will all depend on how many teams the ACC loses. If its just the two the ACC will be fine, but if they lose more than 4 they could be in some trouble. 

However the ACC will be fine in the long run since it will add USF if it loses more than 4

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Baylor had some great years as well. Cincy made the playoffs not that long ago. I think the bottom of the Big 12 is probably stronger than the ACC bottom ( Syracuse, Boston College, Wake Forest, Duke,...)

It will all depend on how many teams the ACC loses. If its just the two the ACC will be fine, but if they lose more than 4 they could be in some trouble. 

However the ACC will be fine in the long run since it will add USF if it loses more than 4

Cincy lost their coach that basically got them to the playoffs  & the big 12.  I wouldn’t expect much out of Cincy football. They are pretty much a basketball school tbh 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

It’s all about fanbase and TV watchers. 

big12 schools have larger student bodies and more football fans in big12 states than ACC states. 
In the state of texas football is like a religion. 

ACC may have more prestige but only thing that matters is TV viewers. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t get it.  Someone explain the new CFP revenue distribution model.  Revenue will be awarded to conferences based on their prior success in the CFP, right?  Who cares about a school’s aspirations or future success!  I guess just getting to the 4 team CFP (Cinci as a G5) doesn’t matter (as evidenced by the G5 not realizing an increase in revenue with the new proposal).  To add to our misery, there is already such a disparity in media money that the wealthy conferences benefit from (before the CFP money).  Now they’re going to be guaranteed even more.   Sadly, if our team has success than we can look forward to our best players and coaches getting poached.  How did we get here? 

Adding this:  The objective seems to be to get a few valuable teams to jump from the M2 to the P2.  I hope that 4 teams go from the ACC.   Then we can backfill.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA
  • Upvote 1

So here is how the 14 team CFP is projected to be.

SEC $21M per school 

Big Teh $21M per school 

ACC $13M per school 

Big 12 $12M per school 

G5 about $1.8M per school 

this is being reported by ESPN

Now why in the heck would schools leave the ACC for big 12? Not happening.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

SEC $21M per school 

Big Teh $21M per school 

ACC $13M per school 

Big 12 $12M per school 

These guys are going to dig in to save themselves. Will be harder to get in. If we do get promoted in a backfill situation then I anticipate having to go in on partial shares. Unless it's chaos.

35 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

SEC $21M per school 

Big Teh $21M per school 

ACC $13M per school 

Big 12 $12M per school 

And the reason I post this is that I don’t see the ACC coming close to collapsing even after FSU and a few other schools leave. They will just reload with the top big 12, and G5 schools like they have already did before when they raided the big east. USF will be fine either way as we will either end up in ACC or big 12 imo 

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

These guys are going to dig in to save themselves. Will be harder to get in. If we do get promoted in a backfill situation then I anticipate having to go in on partial shares. Unless it's chaos.

Think we are going to hear about the new playoff structure tomorrow. The payouts have already been scrolling on the ESPN ticker tonight. ACC will be receiving the 3rd highest payout per school behind SEC & big ten.