• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

OK thought...Does being the whipping boy with UCF in  the immediate future make any sense....on a big 12 invite..    The TV market..Rivalry...is in place   ....

Are we more likely to admitted to the Big 12 if we do not represent a serious threat of being conference champs or ruin Oklahoma's chance at a NC...

Could you translate that please?

Sorry...There is an existing structure --big 12 that has two openings...in our past we have been giant killers...Auburn, FSU etc...some things the home team did not expect..

The commmon thread on this blog has been the reluctance of big teams to schedule USF....to enhance our national standing...  In the past Oklahoma  has been a prominent team...

The question being this  We would be whipping boys right now with our existing 3-9 team history...

So the point i was convoluted getting to is  Do you think USF being weak right now enhances our chances  and  given with  our history as unexpected Giant killers could their be a certain ammount of reluctance.?

Kentucky in the SEC is like a scrimmage for the Alabama  and I would be surprised if they UPSET Alabama..USF is more of an unknown...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

OK thought...Does being the whipping boy with UCF in  the immediate future make any sense....on a big 12 invite..    The TV market..Rivalry...is in place   ....

Are we more likely to admitted to the Big 12 if we do not represent a serious threat of being conference champs or ruin Oklahoma's chance at a NC...

Could you translate that please?
Sorry...There is an existing structure --big 12 that has two openings...in our past we have been giant killers...Auburn, FSU etc...some things the home team did not expect..

The commmon thread on this blog has been the reluctance of big teams to schedule USF....to enhance our national standing...  In the past Oklahoma  has been a prominent team...

The question being this  We would be whipping boys right now with our existing 3-9 team history...

So the point i was convoluted getting to is  Do you think USF being weak right now enhances our chances  and  given with  our history as unexpected Giant killers could their be a certain ammount of reluctance.?

Kentucky in the SEC is like a scrimmage for the Alabama  and I would be surprised if they UPSET Alabama..USF is more of an unknown...

The answer is no.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly think USF is generally on the same talent field as most B12 teams..Pointing out that at the end of 2 seasons ago we were toe to toe with WVU, lost on some last minute plays. So I'd say we could compete with them. I think we can also matchup with Kansas, ISU, and TTU. I'm torn on TCU but I think they're a little better, but we're not far off.

I feel like Baylor is on the next rung, with KSU now looking like it'll be a rung or two above with OSU, with OU and Texas sitting up top.

Not necessarily relevant, but I feel like if Taggart and his coaching staff are at as good as we're generally expecting them to be, we could be almost immediately middle of the B12 pack after a year or two of developing a system.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

So nobody seems to believe that the Big "12" will be happy at 10 for the forseeable future?

I think they are happy, and  so are FOX and ESPN.  However, should the B1G or SEC raid the ACC, then the Big 12 might be spurred to try and scoop up FSU and Clemson or maybe Miami, and in that case those schools would be amenable. But IMO there are big roadblocks to USF being a component in that kind of movement, either to the Big 12 or ACC.

From a financial standpoint they likely are happy, but the big question is if the lack of a title game will hurt them in the calculations of the new BCS.  SEC, ACC, B1G, and PAC-12 all get an extra game with two ranked opponents. 

The championship game is clearly important to the Big XII since Bowlsy is asking the NCAA to allow it even though they only have ten members. 

If Fox is willing to ensure that the Big XII members lose zero dollars then expansion is a no brainer IF the NCAA does not allow them a title game anyways.

Exactly!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

The TV deal from Fox to add USF/UCF for existing 10 teams would need to increase from $20 mil to ~$26mil because of loss revenue from BCS & Sugar Bowl ($9mil each year based on 10 team versus 12 teams)

That means adding 2 teams and Conference championship would net WVU $4 mil more a year because right now they're getting (20+9) now, and would get (26+7.5) later (after full share 4years) plus other bowl game money and Tier 3 rights ($9 mil), putting WVU over 45 mil a year.

So Fox would need to add $112 mil a year to contract to add and pay USF/UCF full share.

FsU is still looking but order is B1G, SEC, stabile ACC, Big 12.

ND getting ACC next year versus Big East (Fox) might help the USF/UCF to Big 12 rumors.

Everyone says Ou/Texas is ultimately headed to Pac 12, I disagree because they are seeing WVU's bball issues with travel and times of hames witg 1 time zone, Pac adding 4 (ut, ou, tech, and osu) when GOR is up would make it difficult being in 3 different time zones.

Texas if it leaves Big 12 is better suited to be Indy with ND and ACC/ESPN because of LHN.

In regards to USF talent level being able to compete in Big 1212, I agree but its going to be like WVU in that aspect. Our 1s can compete with most teams, but our 2s cant compete with theirs, so when a 1 goes down, that 2 has to compete with their 1 and its not good.

So recruiting depth is going to take a few years and our recruiting depth is better in Big12 then BE, and better under Dana than Stewart and I would expect same from USF with Taggart.

Week in/ Week out play is ALOT different in Big 121212 than BE.

IF FSU to B12 happens FSU gets full share day 1 and TCU and WVU goes full share. UT does not like this and feels FSU should pay their way in but would lose that vote.

If its USF/UCF they go prorated and TCU and WVU stays prorated.

Also Big 12 has money to gift a FSU and UM to leave ACC (supposedly around $60 mil available )

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

In regards to USF talent level being able to compete in Big 1212, I agree but its going to be like WVU in that aspect. Our 1s can compete with most teams, but our 2s cant compete with theirs, so when a 1 goes down, that 2 has to compete with their 1 and its not good.

So recruiting depth is going to take a few years and our recruiting depth is better in Big12 then BE, and better under Dana than Stewart and I would expect same from USF with Taggart.

Week in/ Week out play is ALOT different in Big 121212 than BE.

Agree 100% on our depth problem..also helps with fresh legs in the 4th quater..

Go Bulls