• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alwan Lee

Guest S.  Bien

It is sad.

I have friends that have done steroids in college... but now they are paying the price... luckily not in health (yet), but they just don't look very good with the big reduction in physique since they stopped.

And I know guys that are fine after stopping it.  I know guys that did it and never played a down in college, and I know guys that did and played in college, and I know guys that did it in college but never did it in HS.  It's a dog eat dog world in college athletics.  If a guy isn't competitive without it then it's tough to explain to him why playing without it is a good move.  Truthfully Armwood has some kids that have great size and good physiques but will never play past the 1-AA level, which would make some wonder.  However 1-A schools like USF usually go after kids that already possess the natural size and ability which do not require the unnatural enhancements to be competitive ala Josh Buie, and RJ Anderson, and Griffn.  It is impossible to teach a guy to be 6-4 250lbs with 4.5 speed, you either have it or not, which is the case with say a Jarriette Buie.

There are guys that if they didn't use enhancements might not be as competitive even on Armwood's HS team, but I would never say a name.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

IMO, most young(HS) athletes that use steroids is for "ego" ...

And using is a crap shoot.