• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alwan Lee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

So we have comparisons of Alwan to Tebow... and Armwood was terrified of Alwan...  

and that still isn't good enough of a signing for some because they don't know his name.

I'm glad certain members of this board aren't talent scouts ;)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

He has put up monster numbers in his two games vs Armwood

I heard some interesting things about Armwood today from a local fitness trainer...  perhaps Barry Bonds should have asked their trainers for advice ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

velco-you love to stir the pot with the steroid nonsense

the local fitness trainer is probably jealous of armwood's success

Guest S.  Bien

velcro I don't know where that trainer is getting his information.  If he was whining about Armwood recruiting players then he'd have a legit gripe, but enhancements?  No, Armwood does have one of the best and most comprehensive strength and conditioning programs in all the area.  They actually are on these kids all year and give them nutritional guidelines and everything, but enhancements, no way if the kids are doing it on the side then what can anyone do but I know the coaches don't promote it.

Some of it has to do with size, and talent, but mostly recruiting.  Eric Smith should be at Tampa Bay Tech, the LA transfer that's now starting at CB, and the other one at WR both were going to move to another area then were pursuaded to move into Armwood's district, Torry Davis is not in Armwood's district...Look at Torry Davis, he's a jr that's 6-4 270lbs, at DE/DT you don't enhance a naturally big kid.  Same with Jarriette Buie, or Griffin, or McBride....it's about recruiting and grabbing the best players early on.

In a big city kids want to play for the best.  Hills High also gets some players that would normally go elsewhere, so does Plant, and Jefferson.

The local trainer is an armwood fan... so he's not griping.

The trainer got his information from Armwood players bragging to him.  Maybe they are all lying, maybe he is lying... who knows... I heard this from the trainer, not from the players themselves.  I do trust that my source is telling the truth, so maybe he has been given bad info by the players themselves.

I'm not saying the coaches promote it... but he said the players know exactly when the testing will be and know when to stop doing what they are doing to show a clean.

I wouldn't have expected it... and neither did he, but they were taking pride in being able to beat the system.

Smazz..How am i stirring the pot... i'm repeating what I heard.. and anything about barry bonds and his steroid problems are public knowledge and self-admitted by Barry himself.

Guest S.  Bien
The local trainer is an armwood fan... so he's not griping.

The trainer got his information from Armwood players bragging to him.  Maybe they are all lying, maybe he is lying... who knows... I heard this from the trainer, not from the players themselves.  I do trust that my source is telling the truth, so maybe he has been given bad info by the players themselves.

I'm not saying the coaches promote it... but he said the players know exactly when the testing will be and know when to stop doing what they are doing to show a clean.

I wouldn't have expected it... and neither did he, but they were taking pride in being able to beat the system.

Smazz..How am i stirring the pot... i'm repeating what I heard.. and anything about barry bonds and his steroid problems are public knowledge and self-admitted by Barry himself.

Welcome to big time HS athletics.  If the kids are doing it then it's on them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

And unfortunatey, it's easy for people to get steriods.

I use to be a gym rat(as much as a 30 something can be), and if you're in there everyday, these "dealers" come to you to see how "serious" you are about weight training.

Just wish kids would realize that it's a short term-long shot goal.

:P

Welcome to big time HS athletics.  If the kids are doing it then it's on them.

Absolutely agree.

And unfortunatey, it's easy for people to get steriods.

I use to be a gym rat(as much as a 30 something can be), and if you're in there everyday, these "dealers" come to you to see how "serious" you are about weight training.

Just wish kids would realize that it's a short term-long shot goal.

:P

It is sad.

I have friends that have done steroids in college... but now they are paying the price... luckily not in health (yet), but they just don't look very good with the big reduction in physique since they stopped.