• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO Cincy!!! maybe...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i would like to see cincy win this game tonight because that means we have a better shot of beating WV.  however, if cincy does win, it really hurts the big east.

how about we get everyones pros and cons for tonights game.

i'm sure that WV will run all over them but hey, i'm gonna be watching it so I always like to pick 1 team to root for in every game I watch,

If WV does win and run the table until Dec 3rd...how high in the polls do you think they climb?  top 10?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I want WV to win out until we meet them.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

Gotta root for WVU.  The Big East is taking enough heat in the media.  If anyone should beat them, it should be us.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

and winning puts cincy only one win away from a bowl game so more incentive for them for our game...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea, i didnt think about a cincy win getting them 1 game closer to stealing another bowl game from us like they did back in 02.  

i personally don't care what the media is saying about the big east because they will be saying the same things even if WV does win out and beat us even.

a WV loss here would make our BCS chances seem that much more real.

Either way, if we don't take care of business, none of this matters.  we still need atleast 3 more W's

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

a WVU loss really doesn't affect the BCS picture in the conference, unless they lose twice or we lose once.

If WVU loses one game, and goes into the final game with 1 conference loss, tied with us, the winner goes to the BCS, which is the same as if WVU doesn't lose any games going into the final game with us.

So, we'd benefit from WVU being ranked higher when we play them, out of the two scenarios, them being undefeated in conference is better.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I'm kinda liking Cincy's field. Red numbers looks kinda cool.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Gotta root for WVU.  The Big East is taking enough heat in the media.  If anyone should beat them, it should be us.

This is my thought, too ........... if we win out and WVU wins out until we meet them, we should at least break the top 25 when/if we beat them. This would take some of the sting out of the criticism if we get to a BCS bowl.

a WVU loss really doesn't affect the BCS picture in the conference, unless they lose twice or we lose once.

If WVU loses one game, and goes into the final game with 1 conference loss, tied with us, the winner goes to the BCS, which is the same as if WVU doesn't lose any games going into the final game with us.

So, we'd benefit from WVU being ranked higher when we play them, out of the two scenarios, them being undefeated in conference is better.

Not necessarily...

If the 'ranked 5 places higher' rule does in fact exist and is in effect this season, then USF might need WVU to come down a peg (but not two)... it also helps if USF is the clear winner (no tie breaker BS) having fewer conference losses....

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

This is my thought, too ........... if we win out and WVU wins out until we meet them, we should at least break the top 25 when/if we beat them. This would take some of the sting out of the criticism if we get to a BCS bowl.

If USF wins out and goes to the Sugar Bowl, there will be heat if USF is not in the Top 10 in the BCS. Same goes for WVA winning out and not being in the Top 10 in the BCS and going to the Sugar Bowl. The BE team going to the BCS needs to be a Top 10 team. I'm not sure if that is going to happen.

Kizarvexis