• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - No BCS

Guest firemancpa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The truth is that there would be more national interest in USF playing in the Sugar Bowl than in WV.  That game would just be another ho hum bowl game not affecting the National rankings.  With the Bulls, there would be more publicity because of our newness, the perceived decline of the BE, and other stories.

But I agree with Mutt.  We need to win out first and not get distracted by other things.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Methinks this is a UCF fan having some fun...

No to point any fingers but .............

I usually post once or twice a year, but I thought this was important to point out.

Even if we win the Big East, we won't goto a BCS bowl.  The Orange Bowl Committee is a client of mine and basically stated that the Sugar Bowl will not select USF if we win out (basically they are EXTREMELY worried about attendance and money).  The Orange Bowl Committee is worried about losing significant sponsors (i.e. Fedex, Dolphins, Marlins, DHL, Publix, etc.)  The BCS bowls are extremely upset with the Big East ties and will use any loophole to use West Virginia (even if we beat them).

Sorry guys....I wanted to hit the guy...but money talks.

We still, however, can go to the Gator Bowl...which there appears to be much interest.

JMHO.

First things first - we need to beat the teams on our schedule.

::)

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

For what it's worth, here is what the BCS website says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Teams Are Eligible?

The pool of eligible teams includes:

1. The teams ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings. These two teams will play in the BCS bowl hosting the national championship game.

2. To the extent that such teams do not qualify to play in the national championship game, the conference champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences. These teams are guaranteed berths.

3. To the extent that any such team does not qualify to play in the national championship game, any Division I-A independent or team from Conference USA, the Mid-American, Mountain West , Sun Belt or Western Athletic Conference, will earn a guaranteed slot in one of the BCS bowl games should that team be ranked sixth or higher in the final BCS Standings. Should the number of teams meeting this criterion exceed the number of available slots in the BCS bowls after placement of teams in the national championship game and the six conference champions that are annually guaranteed berths, then the BCS bowls will fill any available slots by choosing from among all such teams that have met this criterion.

4. All other Division I-A teams that have won at least nine regular season games (not including wins in exempt games) and are ranked among the top 12 in the final BCS Standings are eligible for selection as an at-large team. The final BCS Standings will be released on Sunday, December 4. The conferences whose champions have a guaranteed annual berth in one of the BCS bowls are subject to review and possible loss of that guaranteed annual berth should the conference champion not have an average ranking of 12 or higher over a four-year period.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

Big East winner automatically gets in.  This possibly could change in a few years, but not now.  Move on to something more believable.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is not true in the least. BCS media guide (available on the website) mentions all rules to every extent of the game. USF wins the BE, they go to the BCS game, simple as that.

Trip - not to be condesending, but Publix is a major local sponsor for all bowl games in Florida, their logo is on the Orange Bowl site.

However, the guy is bogus regardless...

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Trip - not to be condesending, but Publix is a major local sponsor for all bowl games in Florida, their logo is on the Orange Bowl site.

However, the guy is bogus regardless...

He is referring to a specific poster that has been long lost since sept 17th