• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lee Roy Selmon's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

The best place to watch USF away games must be LRS.  After stopping by Bennigan's,Chili's, and Ruby Tuesday's (non of which carry the game), I decided to give LRS's a shot.  Thinking that it was going to be a pricy decision it was my last choice.  Once I got there, to my surprise, the whole staff was wearing USF shirts, plus there was more than plenty of USF memorabilia all around the place.  And my biggest surprise? The place is as affordable as all those mediocre restaurants I mentioned above, and with a far better food quality.  I think more Bull fans should support Leroy's, there were only a handful of Bulls there at the New Tampa Location. Go out and support the place, we need to keep it around for a long long time.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

New Tampa Location...big screen TVs?

New Tampa Location...big screen TVs?

There was a projector pointing against the wall behind the bar, it was a huge picture.  And all around the bar are regular tables that you can see the game from at any angle. Plus they have the game on a lot of regular TVs as well.  I don't know if they have more projectors in other areas because as soon as I saw the one by the bar I was too amazed to wonder around.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

At one time we did schedule watch parties at LRS in New Tampa.  We stopped after several of our fans let us know they turned our game off at halftime for other Florida school games, leaving them without the big screen and sound.  We are currently doing watch parties at the LRS on Boy Scout Blvd.  In the University area, we are having them at the Clubhouse.  Both these places are willing to commit to catering to our fans first.  That's all it takes.  We are committed to these locations, especially the Clubhouse, because they have been committed to us since the 1-AA days.

Eric

I can't understand Tampa businesses.  Just when you think they got it they come out with something so out there that is unbelievable.  One of the managing partners from the NT LRS's emailed me saying that they have a lot of spirit and support for the USF Bulls game except when there is a BIGGER game on at  the same time, at which point they'll play it on the big screen instead of the Bulls game. So you go out of your way to place USF memorabilia all over the place, you have your whole staff wearing green and gold, and yet you still have to think whether to play the USF game or not even with fan support there? Amazing.  

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Moises:

That sounds about right.  That is why we aren't doing watch parties at the New Tampa location.  It seems the Boy Scout Blvd. location has gotten it and is willing to support us.  That is also why we switched from Beef O'Brady's on Fowler Ave. to the Clubhouse two years ago, because they were going to relegate us to a back room because of the Florida/Florida State game.  

We will continue to stick by those that stick by us.  That's also why it is important if you can to attend one of the watch parties we put on.  It shows these businesses the impact USF Athletics has on the community.

Eric

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Yes, Lee Roy Selmon's on Boy Scout Blvd is the best.

Great food, great staff, great location.

Not only is it important to attend the Bulls Club watch parties, it is also important to at least stick around for at least 3 quarters of the game, even when we are clobbering the other team or getting clobbered by the other team.  These places make a commitment to reserve the location for USF, and it looks bad for us if everyone hauls butt at half time after they win their free prize from the Athletic Dept.