• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bradley Mosley Passes Away

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

USF's Bradley Mosley Passes After Year-Long Battle With Cancer

TAMPA, Fla. – The University of South Florida athletics family suffered a loss early Saturday morning (Oct. 29) with the passing of current men’s basketball player Bradley Mosley, following his year-long battle with cancer.

“We are deeply saddened by the loss of Bradley and it is an extremely difficult time for us as a team,†head coach Robert McCullum said. “There are no words to express our feelings and Bradley’s impact on this team. Our prayers go out to his family and loved ones.â€Â

Mosley’s courageous battle against the rare disease came to an end at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Palm Beach, Fla., early Saturday morning. He was admitted to the hospital on Thursday, Oct. 27. Mosley, 22, is survived by his mother, Lisa Ferguson, sister, Breona Mosley, and brother, Eddie Adams.

Funeral arrangements have yet to be finalized. Please check GoUSFBulls.com for more details.

Mosley was diagnosed last fall with renal medullary carcinoma, a rare form of cancer. Although living at home, he had been receiving treatment at the Moffitt Cancer Center on USF’s campus.

“Bradley battled the entire way,†Associate Athletic Trainer Lisa Osterbrock said. “He fought through the ups and downs of the treatment process, remaining positive and serving as an inspiration to anyone who met him.â€Â

Mosley arrived in Tampa prior to the 2003-04 campaign after a pair of seasons at Daytona Beach Community College. He was the only player to start in each of the team’s games that season and played all 40 minutes in 12 of the final 14 contests. He concluded the year second on the team in scoring (14.6 ppg.) and netted a career-high 30 points in a victory over Southern Miss.

“Bradley owned a tremendous passion for the game of basketball and was motivated by his desire to get back on the court,†McCullum said. “Hopefully our players are able to learn something from not only his passion for the game, but his passion for life as well.â€Â

Mosley was coached at Daytona CC by current USF assistant Frank Burnell and played one season with fellow Bull Solomon Jones.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I had thought the worst was behind him, based on everything I read. Sounds like the real extent of his illness was not making it out into current news reports.

God Bless, Bradley.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Wow, very sorry to hear this.  I hope he passed away peacefully.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

What a shame.  For someone so young.  Sad, sad day for all Bulls fans.  Godspeed Bradley Mosley.

Normals

:'(

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and those close to him.  He'll always be remembered by the Bulls family.

Guest AstroBull

This is a sad day.  I met him over at Cooper one day and he was a stand up guy.  He shouldn't have passed so soon. My prayers go out to the family

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Collin, I know I don't have to ask but please post where we can send donations in memory of Bradley.

Guest AstroBull
Collin, I know I don't have to ask but please post where we can send donations in memory of Bradley.

Was thinkin about that same thing