• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

relax, reality is really not that bad.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

reality sometimes sucks, but I am still very hopeful!

we will finish 6-5 or 7-4, our game at Uconn will be huge as to whether or not we go B...wling..

JimL is still the man, I can't believe that people on this board still question his value to this university...

Before the season I saw us at 2-4 at this point, we are 3-3..

We are still a very healthy team....

Our conference has more parity than any other, that is a reason to be excited...

I missed the game today and my son scored 2 goals and assisted on two, one of goals was a header, I hate soccer but the header was awesome...

My daughter was tough as nails in goalie postion, although they lost 10-3, she only gave 3 up..

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT THE NAYSAYER **** UP!  BASKETBALL SEASON WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO SWALLOW SO ENJOY THE FOOTBALL BULLS!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Well, we've won one more game than I thought by this time in the season.  That good, I guess.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the loss is not the issue it is the way we are playing

hey sluge it out toe to toe with pitt kicking a last miniute FG and there is hope and optimism

this type of play just leaves a bad taste in your mouth and a blank stare on your face.

losing sucks but the ND family is proud of their team right now,

usc RESPECTS  notre dame right now

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The reality is both good an bad if you look at it objectively. Yes, we're a game better in the W-L column than most would have thought up until this point.

Now the reality that we face for our remaining games. Any team who stops our running game should be able to win. WVU's D looked pretty **** good today and they can stop the run. We have an inconsistent QB who is erratic and we have WR's who drop easy passes when said QB hits the target. If the passing game doesn't improve and make teams respect it, then we will have trouble winning games. Plain and simple.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Now the reality that we face for our remaining games. Any team who stops our running game should be able to win. WVU's D looked pretty **** good today and they can stop the run. We have an inconsistent QB who is erratic and we have WR's who drop easy passes when said QB hits the target. If the passing game doesn't improve and make teams respect it, then we will have trouble winning games. Plain and simple.

Amen brother.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

JimL is still the man, I can't believe that people on this board still question his value to this university...

I don't question his value to the university, I question his loyalty to some of the players and coaches.  He needs to make changes but lets his heart guide the way.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

I don't question his value to the university, I question his loyalty to some of the players and coaches.  He needs to make changes but lets his heart guide the way.

Agreed.  His value and what he has done for USF is immeasurable.  That being said, his loyalty seems, to us at least, to be affecting the team.  

Let me throw something else out there.  Why the heck can't we recruit even an "average" quarterback?  Someone who can at least protect the ball.  Is our scouting/recruiting that poor?  I know we've lost out on a few big names over the past few years, but we don't even really have a serviceable quarterback on the roster right now.  (obviously the jury is still out on C. Hill and Grothe)

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I dont mean to piss on your fire, but I dont think Pat Julmiste was the problem today. You can't count on him to win games for us, but he certainly wasn't the reason we lost this one.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

yes pj is the reason we lost

we have to protect him and hide him by putting the burden on others

pj can't lead this team nor can win a game with his arm

this puts unbelievable pressure on his teammates

it is unfair to expect others not to make mistakes when pj makes them every game

For what it's worth... if USF wins out, USF wins the Big East.

The loss yesterday was bad -- and it makes me worry about the next two games -- but it did not end the season.

WVU was impressive from the 4th quarter on yesterday... especially Slayton's 6 touchdowns... but we knew the Louisville defense was not that outstanding.  Heck, the'll have trouble with Pittsbugh, too.  My only thought is that WVU is coming off an emotionally-draining win in 3 OT at home and going on the road -- teams in that position are bound for a let down.  Can USF take advantage of it??

Rutgers, however, is looking very strong.  The fact that we play them in New Jersey scares me.  The only good thing might be that we have a bye week between WVU and Rutgers.  We can expect that CJL won't take such an easy week this time.

Syracuse, Cincinnati, and U Conn are all still very winnable games and probably give USF a bowl game regardless of what happens against WVU and RU.

Reality is really not that bad.... (yet)