• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

We've looked like trash at times this year, but this wasn't one of those games. Really had a win within reach here against a ranked team. Offense looked competent, and the defense played well for long stretches. Still a loss, and that sucks, but by our standards this wasn't a bad performance.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

We've looked like trash at times this year, but this wasn't one of those games. Really had a win within reach here against a ranked team. Offense looked competent, and the defense played well for long stretches. Still a loss, and that sucks, but by our standards this wasn't a bad performance.

this coaxhing staff has had plenty of time to either find or groom a competent kicker and didn't. that is trash to me.

"close but no cigar" against all but the lowliest of competition as the new standard of "success" is trash to me.

i don't blame the players. there is talent on this team. but a 50+ man football team cannot win without coaching & they dont have it. this isn't basketball where an Allen Iverson or LeBron James can drag a team with no All-Stars to the Finals off the will of their competitiveness.

football doesnt work that way. too many moving parts need to work together in unison & im not sure ive seen it happen under this coaching staff.

the fact that the kids went out there & made it competitive, dominated for a half, only to lose on a last minute field goal was a kick in the nuts.

at this point i dont even know why i still care. a day will eventually come when i dont. i know that day has already come for most people around the Bay, around Florida and certainly around the FBS football world. we are as irrelevant as Louisiana Tech or Ball State or Rice. UAB shuttered theyre program for a couple years, came back, and won a conference championship before we did.

im glad submediocrity is enough for some of u people. its not enough for me.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

and again, TRASH clock management at the end of the half was a killer. Charlie Strong needs to clean out his office by tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

this coaxhing staff has had plenty of time to either find or groom a competent kicker and didn't. that is trash to me.

"close but no cigar" against all but the lowliest of competition as the new standard of "success" is trash to me.

i don't blame the players. there is talent on this team. but a 50+ man football team cannot win without coaching & they dont have it. this isn't basketball where an Allen Iverson or LeBron James can drag a team with no All-Stars to the Finals off the will of their competitiveness.

football doesnt work that way. too many moving parts need to work together in unison & im not sure ive seen it happen under this coaching staff.

the fact that the kids went out there & made it competitive, dominated for a half, only to lose on a last minute field goal was a kick in the nuts.

at this point i dont even know why i still care. a day will eventually come when i dont. i know that day has already come for most people around the Bay, around Florida and certainly around the FBS football world. we are as irrelevant as Louisiana Tech or Ball State or Rice. UAB shuttered theyre program for a couple years, came back, and won a conference championship before we did.

im glad submediocrity is enough for some of u people. its not enough for me.

I think that if the OL & QB play improves, we may have something next year...with this same staff. I won't get too involved with the "Fire Charlie" debate, because I understand why people want that, but under the circumstances, I'm OK with another year and think we might be close. Even though it's year three for Charlie, this is something of a rebuilding year. I would expect Bell's offense to be quite a bit better next year, especially if we get an upgrade when Atterbury & Norman graduate.