• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last day on the original Bulls bandwagon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

"I have been a Bulls fan since Leroy (misspelled intentionally) raised the $1 M to found the program."

"I've had season tickets since 1997."

Get ready for them. Bandwagoners. They are out there on the fringe and they are ready to jump on the Bulls baby. Its a good and bad thing. More fans, more money. More news coverage, more merchandise and more headaches too.

"Bubba" who doesn't know the difference between a cornerback and a quarterback will be wearing the green and gold on his job site and talking about how he never misses a game, even though he has never really "been" to a game.

Local loudmouth ex Gator or Nole fans will soon make the jump too and they will be questioning OUR loyalty and OUR knowledge of the team.

You know what? I will laugh. I will laugh all the way to the BCS bowl of the year and I will be thinking about this moment. Today. As the Bulls go to Miami and try to string together consecutive 21 pt underdog upsets of ranked teams they are at the foot of the mountain looking up and ready to go onward and upward. I am ready for the climbp and the hitchhikers that surely will flavor the path.

I am prepared to say that I really was a FootBull fan since Le Roy Selmon raised the money and Paul Griffin hired Jim Leavitt. I was there in downtown Tampa when they unvieled the first uniforms. I was there Sept 11 1997 when the Bulls blew the door off their entry into college football. I was there when Chad Barnhardt was on the field and not on the sidelines. I was there when they beat Louisville the first time. I was there and will be there all the way, even if I am now a Pariah just looking in from a distance on the greatest show in college football. I was there and I know which one of you were there too.

Congratulations to those O.B.'s (Original Bulls) and the O.F.'s (Original Fans) too. We have come a long way just to feel this tickle in our stomachs as we look up the mountain and know that USF has the legs for the climb.

Conratulations and Go Bulls Beat Miami!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

"I have been a Bulls fan since Leroy (misspelled intentionally) raised the $1 M to found the program."

"I've had season tickets since 1997."

Get ready for them. Bandwagoners. They are out there on the fringe and they are ready to jump on the Bulls baby. Its a good and bad thing. More fans, more money. More news coverage, more merchandise and more headaches too.

"Bubba" who doesn't know the difference between a cornerback and a quarterback will be wearing the green and gold on his job site and talking about how he never misses a game, even though he has never really "been" to a game.

Local loudmouth ex Gator or Nole fans will soon make the jump too and they will be questioning OUR loyalty and OUR knowledge of the team.

Welcome to sports in Tampa, Florida.........it was the same with the Bucs, it was the same with the Lightning and it will be the same with the Devil Rays

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

As of now, I am officially welcoming all "Bandwagon Bubba's", wherever they may be...please spend all of your disposable income on the Bulls.

Go Bulls!

(and remember, the more Bubba's there are rooting for the Bulls, the less will be on the Gators, etc. bandwagon...)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

So does this make me less of a Bulls fan because I got here in '03 and didnt care about USF football before that?

I was here for our first home CUSA game and first Big East game and all the games in between except TCU b/c I went to the Miami FSU game. ::)

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

So does this make me less of a Bulls fan because I got here in '03 and didnt care about USF football before that?

I was here for our first home CUSA game and first Big East game and all the games in between except TCU b/c I went to the Miami FSU game. ::)

Nah, you get a pass   ;).

The true bandwagoners are the ones who could care less about the Bulls (or any other team for that matter) until they got good on a consistant basis or won a championship of some sort, then turn around and claim that they were fans even during the down years.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I am in my 2nd year of season tix. I had been comtemplating giving them up, and going back to FSU. While walking into the Louisville game, I told my Pop, if "we" pull this off, I will reconsider. Well, "we" pulled it off, and my wife(the USF grad) and I will be renewing our 4 tix for the future. I guess my point is, don't blast people for coming on board after "we" start winning on a regualr basis. Oh, and one more thing Muck Fiami.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

All types of fans are welcome... originals, newbies, bandwaggoners, etc!!!

Guest AstroBull

Been a fan since Sarosi signed with the team.  I always liked the campus and thought might as well make the transfer from Gaytor to Bull.  Slowly i'm showing my family the light.  They wear more USF gear then UF gear and were the first to call after the UL game.  I'm getting season tickets next year while there are good seats left.