• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Drive-Thru U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

No more Drive-Thru U

College notes

By Wendell Barnhouse

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

The University of South Florida is located in Tampa, which is not exactly "South Florida." It has been mistakenly referred to as "Southern Florida" and "Florida Southern." Low-brow, mellon-smashing comedian Gallagher, a South Florida graduate, refers to his alma mater as Drive-Thru U.

All those image problems are getting a quickie makeover after the football team’s 45-14 shellacking of ninth-ranked Louisville on Saturday night in the Big East Conference debut for both teams.

"The reason USF is in our league is because we’re convinced about where this program can go,’’ Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese said. "Everybody you talk to in football says it’s going to happen here in a big way. How long will it take? That I can’t answer.

"USF will start to establish a different kind of identity. Outside of Tampa, a lot of people might not know where the University of South Florida is located. Now USF will become a player along the Eastern seaboard. It’s going to help them as much institutionally as athletically.’’

South Florida, which has an enrollment of 44,000, started playing football as a Division I-AA team in 1997. In 2000, the school moved to Divsion I-A. The victory over Louisville was the school’s first over a team ranked in the Associated Press top 25.

Saturday, the Bulls play at No. 9 Miami. It will be South Florida’s first game against one of the Sunshine State’s Big Three - Miami, Florida, Florida State. Miami has a return date with South Florida tentatively scheduled for 2009. The Bulls also have a home-and-home series with Florida scheduled for 2008 and 2009.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

But unfortunately the uf games are BOTH at gaynesville  :(

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Gallagher's a retard.  I hope his sledgehammer slips and whacks him in the cojones very soon...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Leavitt should hire him to bring in opposing teams' helmets and crush them with his Sledge Hammer Distributor of Bulls Justice  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

He's from Lakeland ... use to work with his brother, looks nearly like twins ... went on tour himself and then all the lawsuits ...  :o

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Leavitt should hire him to bring in opposing teams' helmets and crush them with his Sledge Hammer Distributor of Bulls Justice  ;D

Forget just bringing the helmet let him have the helment on his head while CJL hits it with the sledge hammer