• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste Prepare yourself

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I have been looking at this game from both sides and I am very nervous. I guess its a credit to the team that I am only nervous and not suicidal.

I figure that Miami will not allow us to protect PJ with reverses and other gimmicks. They will make him throw to beat them. I see them stacking the line against Hall/Jackson and man to man in the secondary. They are banged up there but they gotta believe that they can handle us anyway. Hell I do.

Our defense will keep it a semi-low scoring affair. I see them giving up 17 - 24 on a good day. PJ is going to have to protect the ball and make some 3rd down passes to keep our hopes alive.

Sadly I dont see it in him. I hope he proves me wrong, but I dont think CJL sees it either. 10 passes against UL - one of which was picked off. No faith in him in the gameplan.

Prepare for what will probably be the longest day in PJ life and thats saying somthing because he has had some long and atroucious days.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I remember tcu's D last year and PJ had his greatest game ... if Saturday is his greatest game this year, we'll be fine.

BULLS DEFENSE !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if we can stay away from giving them the big defensive play, a la Penn State... i think our 'D' will be able to do its job.  We can't hand them ANY points... they have to earn every single point with time and effort.

If we give away points and yards, we can't win... this is not the game that shooting ourselves in the foot could be overcome.

You guys don't realize that Miami has a whole 2 sacks in 3 games... and their DL is going against an OL that has allowed 1 sack (Denson late in the FAMU game) in 4 games... I really really really like that matchup.

Their DL is just not that good -- it's their LBs and DBs that are solid... and their DBs are depleted with inuries.  Hall should be able to run through the DL and gain 5-6 yards per carry... Also consider that it's hard to "stack the line" when you have to defend 4 WRs... I expect us to use the spread a heck of a lot more this week to open holes for Hall.

PJ has shown some great improvement over last year... the touch passes to Jackson and Peyton vs Louisville were outstanding ... and the INT was really more like a punt anyway as it came on 3rd and long.

PJ will have time to find open receivers... but our guys need to catch the ball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

And not real sold on their LB depth ... Willie "Gonna Get Arrested" Williams hardly gets any playing time.

PJ has played very smart this year and is mobile.

Feeling good about everything .... the better team Saturday night will be the winner.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

as much as PJ needs to be able to make the passes our receivers need to catch the passes. CHill, peyton, and Green needs to step it up this game....the focus will be on amari after last week.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think they'll be focusing on both Peyton and Amarri... they know the talent that Peyton is.

I hope Carlton has a HUGE breakout game.