• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East rankings... updated 9/29

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

WVU

USF

UL

SYR

PITT

UCONN

RUT

CINN

I would venture to guess top 4 make the b word...  Cinncy is horrible, their temple like play is just horrible! Having to play Cinncy at end of year  we will be 28 point favorites, and yes we will cover!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'd go:

tie 1. West Virginia

1. South Florida

3. Louisville

4. Syracuse

5. Connecticut

6. Rutgers

7. Pittsburgh

8. Cincinnati

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Cincy got ROCKED last night by Miami (of Ohio). They looked less than stellar. We should have no problem with them for our last home game, possibly with a lot on the line.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hopefully we'll be bowl eligible before we even play Cincinnati.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Let's get the WVU and Pitt game out of the way before we start saying the "B" word.  Our team is very talented, but being as young as they are, I'm not sure if the team that beat Louisville will show up every game.

On a sidenote, I finally converted from guest to a real member.  Is my signature too big?  I don't want to step on any toes.  Thanks.

Hopefully we'll be bowl eligible before we even play Cincinnati.

Let's analyze that (records are their expected/projected at the time we play):

USF (3-1, 1-0) @ Miami (2-1, 1-1) -- We all knew this was the toughest game on our schedule this year.  The Penn State and Louisville games have given us hope that USF could win this one.  If we played ten times, UM might win nine.  Will this be the one?  Hopefully so, but probably not. [L]

USF (3-2, 1-0) @ Pittsburgh (3-3, 2-0) -- Pittsburgh was supposed to challenge Louisville for the Big East Title, until the season started.  That's why they play the games.  The Panthers still have talent, and Palko to Lee could be dangerous.  They may also want to prevent another Heinz Field Hijacking (see September 8, 2001).  Pitt hasn't shown me they can beat a I-A team, yet but at least they get Rutgers and Cincy as warm up games. [W]

USF (4-2, 2-0) vs West Virginia (5-2, 2-1) -- The Bulls do not want to lose two consecutive Homecoming games.  The Mountianeers look beatable, with only a big win at Maryland to brag about.  They get Virginia Tech (which has won their last 3 games by a combined score of 141-7) then face travel to Rutgers before hosting Louisville. [W]

USF (5-2, 3-0) @ Rutgers (3-5, 0-4) -- The Scarlet Knights have a tough road before the South Florida game: Pitt and West Virginia at home, Syracuse and U Conn on the Road, then hosting Navy.  Rutgers held Illinois tough... but then Illinois lost 14-61 last week, so that isn't as impressive any more.  USF should be able to win our first game in New Jersey -- clinching USF's first ever bowl game. [W]

USF (6-2, 4-0) @ Syracuse (3-6, 2-2) -- USF has done pretty good facing teams in their Homecoming game, especially ECU.  The Orange travel to Tallahassee and Connecticut, get Rutgers at home, head to Pittsburgh, and get Cincy at home before USF heads to the Dome.  It may be a tough place to play, but USF is clicking -- Hall will have a big day on the field turf. [W]

USF (7-2, 5-0) vs Cincinnati (3-6, 1-4) -- This rebuilding Bearcat team looks awful, but I'll give them a surprise win over U Conn at home.   They won't beat Louisville, Syracuse, West Virginia or Pittsbugh and they surely won't beat USF.  This flip should be a monster for the Bulls -- and a win here would clinch the Big East title (now that would be a reason to storm the field!). [W]

USF (8-2, 6-0) @ Connecticut (5-4, 2-3) -- The Huskies will be playing for a chance at another bowl game.  USF will play a lot of backups in this game -- to prevent injuries and give them some game experience.  The Conference title is ours, so we'll be making plans for a BCS bowl game.  It really doesn't matter if we win or lose this game. [L]

Final standings (predicted)

USF  -  8-3, 6-1 [big East Champions]

Louisville  -  9-1, 6-1

West Virginia  -  8-3, 5-2

Pittsburgh  - 5-6, 4-3

Connecticut  -  6-5, 3-4

Syracuse  -  3-9, 2-5

Rutgers  -  4-7, 1-6

Cincinnati  -  3-8, 1-6

USF needs 3 wins to clinch a bowl game. Win the last two home games, then win one out of Miami, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, and U Conn.  That seems possible now.

So does the Big East Championship.