• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't believe the Miami hype...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

They are just not that great anymore.  Don't get me wrong they are still a solid team but they are not the team that their fans or the national media makes them out to be.  What upsets me is that even some of our own Bulls fans have jumped on board and believe the hype.  Reputation will only get you so far, you still have to play the games.  A few stats to back up my points:

Miami's record over their last 9 games is 5 wins and 4 losses.  Their 5 wins were against teams with a combined record of 22 wins and 19 losses. (mediocre at best).  The record of the 4 teams they lost to are a combined 25 wins and 14 losses.

Don't get me wrong I wanted the media to continue to sing their praises,  it will be just that much better.  What I don't like are our own fans coming on here and saying we don't have a chance.  I don't know if we win this game or not, but I am certain we have a legitimate shot at pulling off the upset.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

UM is not as good this year compared to last

but the rep is still there

we have a chance

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Even if we completely throw out past years, and rid our minds of all hype, there is still a fast, talented team with a solid defensive scheme and decent offensive coaching that is watching game film on us all this week.

And they get us at home.  Who cares if they're not the 2001 canes that were unstoppable, its among our toughest road games ever...maybe just behind 2002 oklahoma.  Certainly harder than alabama, arkansas, and USCarolina were when we played those teams.

We will see a lot about the team's road maturity in a big game, even if it may be a bit early.  But as the poster said, this is a winnable game.  They are not a NC squad and are probably not a true top 10 squad...but neither are we, or we'd have won @ psu.

Let's see what happens.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

What hype?  What media is singing Miami's praises?

They're #9 and a 20 point favorite over a team that just HAMMERED another #9 team and NOBODY in the media gives us a chance. Was watching CSTV and they didn't give us a thought, saying the canes will score 40 something and shut us down, maybe not even score. Was on their "Crystal Ball" weekly show b4 the week's games.

Show me media that is giving us Natioanl love ?

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

>> Show me media that is giving us National love ?

We don't deserve it YET.  A good showing with Miami and a win with WV and we get our love.

One win is a fluke, 3 is a streak.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11

the media is not giving Miami any love.  Herbstreit said Miami has no shot to beat Va Tech.  The game is in 6 weeks.