• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

leavitt ripping into the punter/kicker?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Towards the end of the 3rd quarter (?) Leavitt ripped into the kicker after a kick or a punt, I forget.  I think it was Teachey?  What was this all about?  The announcers didn't really get into it much but all I noticed was that he made the tackle on the play.  I assumed leavitt wanted him to kick away from that particular returner.

That isn't the first time that kicker has made a nice tackle either.  Seems like a good athlete.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

There was a kickoff that went out of bounds and was flagged for a penalty which means UofL gets the ball at the 35 yard line.  I don't remember CJL ripping anyone on the sideline but I wasnt really paying much attention to the sideline.  That is the only incident I can think of.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Nah it was a different time.  I remember the one that went out of bounds.  This happened after that one.  

The kicker made the tackle.  This one was kicked in bounds.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps Leavitt was just fired up...  you know how he gets... not all yelling is disciplining with JL.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Talk about ripping a kicker, did anyone see Dallas's Larry Allen grap the Cowboy kicker for missing a PAT.  Looked like he was gonna rip the poor little guy's head off.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Claimed it was tipped ... but the official on the punter didn't see it  ::) the official 20 yards away came over  >:(

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

I was watching the game tape last night and saw Leavitt yelling at Teachey on, as already mentioned, some play in the 3rd when Justin made the tackle.  I don't know why Leavitt was yelling at him, but reading his lips it appeared as though he said "stupid" sometime.  I can only assume it was because Teachey was in the kickoff return fracass making the tackle (or at least helping to) rather than staying back and playing safety so as not to risk a KO return for a TD.  

Or he was simply mad at him for kicking the ball so short right to a dangerous return man.

Y'all know how Leavitt gets.  The man never stops coaching (the announcers did give mention of that, though).  But that's why we love him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Can you sell/make a copy of the tape ?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Can you sell/make a copy of the tape ?

ditto . . . there's a bunch of people looking for copies on this http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1127664420 thread.