• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know what makes me mad?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

When I meet someone for the first time and the subject of college football comes up:

Them: So do you like UF or FSU?

Me: Neither, I like USF.

Them: Oh, they play football?

Me: Yes they do and they are no half bad.

Them: Well I am talking about real college football.

Me: We are a 1-A team that plays in the Big East we are real football

Them: Well then how come I have never heard of you

Me: I cannot talk to you any more or else my son is going to have to visit his fatrher in prison >:(

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

lol..... i know its like that on campus too.... however that is changing....... by the way I like the Canes does that make me a bad person?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

lol..... i know its like that on campus too.... however that is changing....... by the way I like the Canes does that make me a bad person?

yes

it's even worse up here, whenever I say I am from FL they automatically assume I am a Gators fans... on the positive side you would be surprised how many people actually have heard of USF.  its amazing how many people recognize my icnonic U hat as a USF hat

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

I think that question is a bigger slap to the face for the Miami Hurricanes IMO. Anway, the reason why a lot of people never heard of USF is because we have not really beaten anyone on the national level yet. Once USF starts to beat the top ranked teams, then you can bet that the bandwagon will be packed. Everyone loves a winner. You can bet that if USF wins these next two games against UL and Miami that USF will get a lot of press. Then you wont be hearing all of those silly questions anymore.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

I am all about USF football and will be down in Miami rooting for the Bulls.....but when we arent playing them I am a Canes fan as well...... I personally dont see the problem. And yes alot of people have heard of USF..... I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and had on a USF shirt and guy came up to me and said that he thought we were up and coming and liked our RB "Dante" Hall. I corrected him but the fact that he knew that much pleased me

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Real college sports fans know quite a bit about USF...you've just got to get past self righteous Fla. and FSU fans who think the SEC or ACC owns College Football.  You'll be amazed what people who really know and enjoy sports know about USF....the only thing I don't like hearing from those people is that "man, I've wanted to go to one of their games and just never have done it".  TV is good enough for too many people.

The thing that makes me even more angry is that I grew up a PSU fan, just because your family has never ventured beyond the FL borders does not mean it is the same for everyone. There are now 119 teams in 1-A football and Florida is a transeant state, why do they assume that everyone must support a team of a school that they and their entire family of life long supporters never attended?

You are right things are getting better it's just the casual fan and those "die-hard" FSU and UF fans now, the latter being the one that makes me angry because they swear they are football experts.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i just hate when someone asks where im from I have to respond I am from florida, but not UF or a gator fan in anyway...