• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scary moment during UofL landing at TIA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

My husband works at TIA for Southwest & he saw UofL plane land earlier this afternoon. . . They came in on a charter flight - Champion Air - & when their plane was approaching the runway, there was still a small jet on the runway down the field.  :o  

UofL pilot had to apply full power to get out of there fast and go around to try another approach.  Don't know if it was a miscommunication with air traffic control, or a not-so-bright general aviation pilot putting his small plane somewhere it should'nt be.   ::)

Maybe it will shake them up?? Hopefully the BULLS' O-Line will have Brohm remembering that flight when they take to the field tomorrow night!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I am all for getting every possible edge, but I think I'll leave things like this off the list.

Glad to hear a tragedy was avoided.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I am all for getting every possible edge, but I think I'll leave things like this off the list.

Glad to hear a tragedy was avoided.

Yeah, funny edge is the entire team has crabs becuase they went to a sleazy booby bar a few nights before the game.

Not funny edge is the team plane almost crashing.

Guest GoCards2k5

Thats very admirable of you fellas not making jokes of the incident...from what i hear it was real close to being a disaster.  You all are very respectable fans and I look forward to a great injury free game tomorrow night.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

I'm just glad to hear they made it safely and nobody was hurt.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

We took Champion Air to Penn State and we were fine...we had a real rough landing 2 years ago coming back from Southern Miss on Falcon Air...but this doesnt seem to be a problem with the Airline...luckily everyone is safe and hopefully you guys will have a safe flight home...Good Luck tonight...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

It is good that it was only close ... congrats to the pilot or whoever for their efforts to keep those safe.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Thank God there is no tragic story here...there's enough bad in the world today.  Now let's play football!

GO BULLS!!!!!!