• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The latest UCF spin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bullistic930

Secretly, they want to fire all their coaches and change their school's name to USF - Orlando. Good luck getting them to admit that though!  ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

I hope USF DOES NOT continue this series with UCF.  No one outside the I-4 corridor cares.  I agree with Paul Griffin.  How does this help our program?  UCF should be worried about winning some games instead the annual series with USF.  Further, even though there are a lot a alumni in Tampa, there are some in Atlanta that would like to see a GA Tech or GA game.  Our program has a big hill to climb.  Why stop off at the middle?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

May they rust in peacel

knightslaststand3el.jpg

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

I hope USF DOES NOT continue this series with UCF.  No one outside the I-4 corridor cares.  I agree with Paul Griffin.  How does this help our program?  UCF should be worried about winning some games instead the annual series with USF.  Further, even though there are a lot a alumni in Tampa, there are some in Atlanta that would like to see a GA Tech or GA game.  Our program has a big hill to climb.  Why stop off at the middle?

Let's face it, though, we will continue to play UCF until we have fulfilled our obligation to Conference USA that allowed us out without having to pay money to join the Big East.  As long as that obligation hasn't been satisfied, it makes more sense to play UCF than any other school in Conference USA.  We have no desire to go back and subject ourselves to the crappy treatment we received in Hattiesburg, there's not enough tickets that could be sold for us to go back to UAB, Tulane will not even have a home field to play on for a long time, Memphis is too bitter about being snubbed by the Big East to want to play us any longer...  who's left?  I'd rather play UCF than ECU or Houston, and none of the new schools has any great burning desire to come to Tampa and play.  

Now, as soon as that requirement is met, I fully expect that the next time Orsini calls Woolard it will sound something like this:

Woolard's secretary:  Mr. Woolard, Steve Orsini's on the line

Doug Woolard:  Steve, how are you?

Steve Orsini:  Outstanding, Doug!  Listen, I was hoping we could start talking about extending the football series between you guys and us.

DW: Sure, Steve!  We've got three weekends open in September of 2009, and we'd gladly have you guys over.

SO: That sounds great.  By 2010, we should have our stadium built, so are there any weekends you're available in 2010?

DW: There might be, Steve, but I don't think we have any intention of turning this into an annual home and home series.  We've got FIU scheduled for a 2 for 1, and we're talking with FAU about the same sort of arrangement.

SO: Are you suggesting that we should be giving you two home games to get you to come to Orlando once?

DW: Not necessarily.  We'd always welcome you to play over here.  Since you seem opposed to the idea of a 2 for 1, maybe we could do something like a 3 for 2 split.

Click

The ball would then be in UCF's court, but no matter how it would play out, it would be better for USF.  If UCF refuses to accept this deal, then at the very least it ends all of the crapola about how USF refuses to play them.  If they do, it crystallizes who is and should be driving these discussions.  Personally, I don't care which way it would go from there.  

I would much rather build our OOC schedule by having an annual home game with FAMU, building 1 for 1's with nationally recognized BCS (Indiana, Minnesota, Oklahoma State), scheduling some 2 for 1's with FAU or FIU and maybe having an unbalanced schedule with a bigger name that doesn't get to Florida very often (Texas, Michigan, Penn State).  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Clever idea USFFan, but we'd have to make sure that such a deal would meet the C-USA exit agreement.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

Clever idea USFFan, but we'd have to make sure that such a deal would meet the C-USA exit agreement.

Well, that was intended to be after the C-USA exit agreement was satisfied.  I thought it was for 4 games (taking us through 2008 ).

USFFan

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

AFAIK we don't have any C-USA schools booked other than UCF. Let's face it, they're a cheap and easy way to meet the exit requirement. So we may have to accept a second 1-for-1 for now. Then, if things continue as they have been, we can get haughty.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'd rather play So. Miss, their fans have more class...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I'd rather play SMU...at least that's a good road trip.  Dallas is pretty cool.   Other than that, there's not a city in C-DOA that I have an interest in visiting.  MAYBE Houston.  Where is Rice?  I think that's near Houston, too.