• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why we'll WIN big 9-17-05

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

South Carolina was saying they were going to blow us out as well, but didn't.  I hope your players think they are going to blow us out based on last year's record.  We are the huge underdogs, and USF had passed us by on everything.  That is exactly the way George O'leary wants it scripted.  We have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, imho.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

1) PJ opened 5 for 5. If we really wanted to go through the air, then we would have. We ran the ball very well, so sticking with it seemed to work pretty well.

I can understand why you didn't pass the ball.  You were playing a VERY bad I-AA team.

All I can say is PJ MUST play well for you guys to win.

2) UCF's D seems to be much improved, but their front 7 is not as good as Penn State's is. Our OL was pushing PSU off the ball in the mid to later parts of the game. Seeing as UCF won't see game action in 16 days you had better hope they aren't on the field for sustained drives by USF.

Why would it matter how we compare to PSU?  Your OL is NO better than South Carolina's OL and we stopped them EVERY play.  This is the same team that held Georgia yesterday also.  Nice try but that means NOTHING.

3) I like that you're discrediteing our D this year. SC may have more depth, but you were GIVEN ALL of your second half points against them. Don't expect USF to be so gracious in the turnover department the way SC was with you.

I am not discrediting your D.  It is simply a fact that their defensive backfield is FAR better than yours and we passed on them quite well.

And let me say this about the TO's.  The fumbles were caused by great plays by UCF.  They were hitting those SC guys in the 4th Qtr very hard.  We created those opportunities.  You won't need to be gracious, we will take some from you.

4) Regardless of the outcome, the game will be played next year as well, so I hardly call that "chickening out".

Honestly, if USF does not want the game then I say fine.  I only want it because it provides me an opportunity every other year to see an away game and not have to spend a ton of money.

If USF does not want to play then I will suggest to Orsini that we play a BCS school that is worthy.  If we play you guys and win, many will say we should have.  That does not benefit us in the least.  It would be much better for UCF to beat another BCS school that actually has some tradition and has actually done something in college football.

5) Hard to compare the two coaches. One was caught lying on his resume, has been accused by former players of intentionally trying to have them hurt in practice, while the other has taken a program from start up to a BCS conference in under 10 years.

You and I are not experts in college football coaches.  Let's let the experts decide who is better.

Now, who won the NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR?

End of story.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

I got a question for all you classy UCF fans out there: what's the story gonna be when USF beats you guys 35-14??

We go 0-17 and we start preparing for the next game.  Me, I will be VERY shocked if that happened.

But it could.

As could the reverse.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

UCF created those turnovers at USC!  LOL!  Drink some more kool aid Mav!

Diddy, they won't be back next week.  We'll see maybe one UCfer here for a week or so.  It will be nice!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Did he REALLY win national coach of the year or is it another lie on his resume?

Afterall if he lied about being a letterman in the sport he actually coaches, what is to say he wouldn't lie about other things....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35

Did he REALLY win national coach of the year or is it another lie on his resume?

Afterall if he lied about being a letterman in the sport he actually coaches, what is to say he wouldn't lie about other things....

Cyber, question:

Did George O'Leary get a job at ND because of his resume or coaching ability based on track record?

Isn't coaching ability the core of a coach's resume?  Evidently not in O'Leary's case... ;)