• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicking/Special Teams

Guest Guest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Guess they better fire Jim Leavitt then. He coaches special teams. Opens every practice with kicking, punting and returning.

Mike

I'm sure smazz knows that ............ Glad to see you registered.   ;)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69

The difference between being at the top of the conference and being on bottom could very well be determined by our special team play.  We're not dominant enough to blow good teams out.  Therefore, if we continue to play special teams like we have, we'll be lucky to win 4 games this year.  Maybe equally as important is our teams lack of discipline and self control as they pertains to penalties. CJL has failed miserably in this department.  Not enough criticism is aimed at CJL, who is ultimately responsible.  What say you?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

who coaches special teams

fire him

Classic smazza..some of his finer work actually.  

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

They better get that stuff rectified by Saturday.  It could be a huge part of the game.  I'd hate to lose to UCF because we couldn't connect on a extra point or FG.......

Go Bulls!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... Maybe equally as important is our teams lack of discipline and self control as they pertains to penalties. CJL has failed miserably in this department.  ...  What say you?

The penalties Saturday were by new guys in the second half ... no excuse though. Some of our PF Penalties are from over pursuing/agressiveness.

We do need to correct them, but a coach can only do soo much.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Sitting in the south endzone I saw the kickers taking 25-30 yard field goals at halftime, well TRYING to take the kicks should I say. These guys were missing 75% of the kicks, NOT good guys, not good. This was with no botched snap, no rush, just strictly off the grass. We need to fix this mess ASAP or it is going to cost us some close games.