• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ALL MBB GAMES TO BE PLAYED AT SUN DOME

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I can't cut and paste for some reason, but check new Brett McMurphy story at bulls.tbo.com

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I love how Campbell tries to sound like he was trying to help us out.  He's full of crap.  He was trying to rake in revenue because he was scared the Lightining may miss another season.  He's a two-faced $hit head who tried to strong arm us into playing there by going behind our back and securing major donors and trustee's before ever mentioning a word to USF.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBYR7ZKEDE.html

Sun Dome, Opens Big East Vs. WVU

TAMPA Despite attempts by St. Pete Times Forum officials, the entire University of South Florida men's basketball home schedule will remain at the Sun Dome.

USF and Forum officials met several times about moving games to downtown Tampa without reaching an agreement.

USF opens its inaugural Big East season at home Jan. 5 against West Virginia, an NCAA Tournament Elite Eight team last year. USF also will host projected top-15 teams Villanova (Jan. 24) and Connecticut (March 1).

Forum president Ron Campbell said he initially sought to move USF's entire home schedule to downtown Tampa, but USF wasn't interested. The Forum then sought a few games, but USF wouldn't commit.

"We wanted to be the bridge for businesses and USF to get excited about Big East basketball," Campbell said. "This was our purpose through this whole thing. We're disappointed. There's no question about it."

USF athletic director Doug Woolard said that when the Bulls received their Big East dates, the Forum did not have many available dates.

"Not many would line up and we haven't been able to reach an agreement," Woolard said.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i for one am very happy with this, play all of our games on our home turf, we don't need to be going anywhere else to play, screw the st. pete times forum

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I'm happy play at the dome!

The dome is a home court advantage....old and rickety

the forum would be mostly empty like Ray Jay....

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I can't bullieve they entertained leaving the Dome.  Just revamp the Dome and win!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I've said this before, but venues like the forum suck for college ball.  Just ask Memphis.  You are so far removed from the game, like Chi says, there is no home court advantage.  The Dome is a great college ball venue - just fix the **** scoreboards.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I idea of leaving campus sucked, Florida has played in a similar dome for years and does very well. In fact ESPN has considered it one of teh hardest places to play.