• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HE DIDNT EVEN CHECK THE PILE!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Hey that's why we have instant ... oh, 4get it

:-/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

The calls seemed to go joes way, Did anyone notice the chang in the T. V. guyst

I think we lost but the lack of stupid penalties and moving the ball in two major

drives was great.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

Two other close call that obviously USF lost on was the Pass Interfence on  Roberts (?) coming over the top near PSU' s goaline and the 3rd and long with PSU in the 3rd Quarter and their QB didn't  reach their 20 yet was awarded the 1st down at the 21.  No, these calls would not have altered the game but they were definately a Big Ten lean.  I saw alot of positive things for the Bulls that I am optomistic and we should have a good season.  Looking forward to the "ville coming in and upsetting those guys!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Penn St. as well as other "name" teams have always had the calls go their way when they are at home.  To become a good team, USF will have to accept this fact and thoroughly outplay big time opponents so that the officials do not come into play.  While the onsides kick and a bogus interference call were disturbing, I do not think that they would have changed the ultimate outcome.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Penn St. as well as other "name" teams have always had the calls go their way when they are at home.  To become a good team, USF will have to accept this fact and thoroughly outplay big time opponents so that the officials do not come into play.  While the onsides kick and a bogus interference call were disturbing, I do not think that they would have changed the ultimate outcome.

I agree to a certain degree with you.  When the offense or defense makes a good play and they are penalized wrongly then it does have an effect on the game and if it kills a drive or a good gain or whatever, it could change the outcome.  

Some of the spots were horrible.  When does the rule of visiting team officials take over? Or were they BE refs and just favored the historic Lions or the baby Bulls?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

it's a judgement call...... and didnt they call illegal touching on USF anyways

I think so, but isn't that reviewable.

Reason I am not crasy about reviewing, too many they don't that could have an IMPACT on the game.

Go BULLS !!!

I didn't see the play but heard it on the radio.

There was a penalty for illegal touching -- meaning the ball didn't go 10 yards and USF touched it first.   Officials do not through their flag for this, since it's not a penalty; instead, officials throw their bean bag to spot where the illegal touching occured.

Since the Bulls touched it too early, it doesn't matter who recovered it -- so there is no reason to check the pile.

I don't know if that is a reviewable occurrance or not.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I'm glad the radio explained that.....cause tv didnt. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I didn't see the play but heard it on the radio.

There was a penalty for illegal touching -- meaning the ball didn't go 10 yards and USF touched it first.   Officials do not through their flag for this, since it's not a penalty; instead, officials throw their bean bag to spot where the illegal touching occured.

Since the Bulls touched it too early, it doesn't matter who recovered it -- so there is no reason to check the pile.

I don't know if that is a reviewable occurrance or not.

I don't see a beanbag anywhere but if it was reviewable, it should have been reviewed. No Bull touched it until Green had the great shot at it. It was a perfect on-side kick ...

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

it's a judgement call...... and didnt they call illegal touching on USF anyways

Yep