• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Read...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

I'm unhappy how he left the program. Mac has a tough job in front of him.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

Mission9 is right on. Seth got everyone hyped up at USF which really hurt him in the long run. Not getting into the BIG DANCE while Seth was here was a big failure for the program. I dont care what anyone says because USF did fail while Seth was here. The talent was there as you will notice by watching the UFvsUSF game back in 2001. The coaching was not good IMO. There was not enought trust or discipline within the program to make it happen while Seth was here. How can there be trust when Seth was looking to bolt for Miami and Oregon St???

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

seth supporters post after pitt game

i will believe he has 20th ranked recruitng class when i see it

if he got it he must have cheated to get it.VT  will be his last chance in a big conference

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't matter after the pitt game... you tend to forget that his team this year is loaded with freshman and they are starting!  

He could get blown out in that game and it doesn't change the fact that he's got loads of talent, probably more than he had at USF at any one point in time, even with BB, tron, and reg on the same team at the same time.  

I agree we lacked discipline, but we are better off that we had seth as a coach than not at all... all his hype probably helped people notice us in the Big East entrance process.  I mean just last night Jay Bilas was talking about Greenburg at VT and said he helped make a name for USF.  That alone is good pub, even if it is more for SG than us... its the idea that Bilas recognizes us as a basketball program, that many people do recognize us as a bball program, even if we are having a down year now... this all helped get us in the Big East.  Without seth, football alone MAY have gotten the same result, but i wouldn't be so sure.  Our bball program's consistency in CUSA over the years gave us a HUGE one-up on other teams like UCF.  It was just one of the many factors, but a very very important one.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

velcro,

I agree that Seth did have USF on the up during 2000 and 2001. Go back and watch that UFvsUSF game in 2001 and tell me that USF did not have a chance to win that game. We played very well at certain points of the game. If you watch that game, you will see that the game was actually closer than the final score indicated. I never did think that either Seth or Billy Donovan can really coach that well though. The point is that Seth did a good building job for the USF program. The program really started to decline during the year 2001. The proof was that we beat some good teams in Pitt and Cal in the beginning of that season. However, USF lost bad to USM and some other weak teams during the end of the season. Some people want to blame it on injuries, but I call that hogwash because I witnessed a program that lack discipline. The team chemistry really got worse that year which made our 6-0 promising start turn into an lucky NIT team.

Hopefully, Coach McCullum keeps building on this major overhaul at USF right now. I am actually really excited about our future because I know our team chemistry is much better now. When UAB needs to hit a last second miracle shot to win, it tells you that our program is coming back to life. I just wish we could get to next season because I see big things coming to USF.

I think you are making alot of effort to put the whole thing in a more negative light than it really was... as i recall, you were supporting seth, along with I, just LAST YEAR... you have had a total flip right before Seth left.  Sounds like you are bitter for whatever reasons.

The fact is Seth had us above average, even the last year before he left.  We had a solid above average program... but nothing more, and that is what we want... so his leaving was probably fine for all parties involved.  We had big wins, we had bad losses... its called basketball, and that can happen, especially with a team that didn't have alot of discipline.  That was his fault, questionable discipline, and it translated into both W's and alot of L's.

Everyone should be happy that we have a coach that wants more, but isn't willing to try and shoot for 1 great season at the cost of the future...

Just stop trying to slam Seth ... he is gone, and that is what everyone wanted.  We are going down the road to greatness, although it will be a slower road, it will eventually get us higher than we were.

Guest S. Bien

Can we just have an "I LOVE SETH" Board so the 5-6 guys that consider Seth a personal role model, and idol can worship him and his greatness on that board. ;D

Of course that sentence will be taken too literally by the Seth Police- sarcasm boys, learn it, love it, and deal with it.

Until we get the "I LOVE SETH" Board both sides will misconstrue the Vtech posts and updates.  I am not a fan of Seth, I hold nothing against him, I enjoyed him when he was here, and meeting with him, but after the fact I recalled his tenure and there were something that didn't sit well with me.  Furthermore, I am far from alone, and this comes from many with in the program, and school.  

I do not need to be personally attacked by twenty something guys that consider him a mentor, and friend.   You have every right to like him and honor him, as I have to be apathetic toward him, and his future career.  I donate as well, and I have season tickets to basketball, and football.  I have significant connections into USF, and Athletics, but it doesn't make my comments less significant.

Let's all just agree that Seth was a decent guy, and his welcome was wore out at USF.  My god if any of you were that good of friends with him then he would have told you the exact same thing.

Let's all just agree that Seth was a decent guy, and his welcome was wore out at USF.

That is ALL we want... but people continue to sling the chit around and complain when people actually defend SG.

Guest S. Bien

That is ALL we want... but people continue to sling the chit around and complain when people actually defend SG.

Let's also agree that the Seth Apologists are a bit too quick on the trigger, and most fail to recognize that Seth burned a lot of bridges in his final two years in Tampa, and therefore there is some bad blood.  In some cases rightfully so.   Which is why a Seth Board would be appropriate.  Or a Seth Thread that is frozen at the top so those that appreciate him can continually revisit and the rest of us can stay away.

The problem has nothing to do with anything you just said...

it is that when someone happens to post an article saying Va Tech won a game, congrats to SG...

on comes a bunch of bashing...  

That is the problem.

Who is pulling the trigger too quick?  I think you have it backwards.