• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Pete Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

If the St. Pete Times is the official paper of the USF Bulls, then why weren't they at FAD?  I could hardly wait this morning to open the paper and was extremely disappointed to find NOTHING!!!  What is going on ? ???

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Greg Auman was at FAD, so I'm sure he'll having something on it.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

hello. i was at FAD, but don't know that it's the kind of event that usually gets much coverage after the fact, except maybe to say weather was great and turnout was strong, etc.

tribune didn't really address it today either, except for the note on the strange JR Reed schedule magnet. both papers had notes from talking to players and coaches at FAD, and ran a few reminders of when and where in the days leading up. i think that's the best way to handle something like that. wish we could have gotten a photo from there though -- between Jon Simmons' puppy, the autograph booths and some of the adorable little kids running around, there was no shortage of fun images ...

greg

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

hello. i was at FAD, but don't know that it's the kind of event that usually gets much coverage after the fact, except maybe to say weather was great and turnout was strong, etc.

tribune didn't really address it today either, except for the note on the strange JR Reed schedule magnet. both papers had notes from talking to players and coaches at FAD, and ran a few reminders of when and where in the days leading up. i think that's the best way to handle something like that. wish we could have gotten a photo from there though -- between Jon Simmons' puppy, the autograph booths and some of the adorable little kids running around, there was no shortage of fun images ...

greg

New photographer?  ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I like the way Greg comes on here and answers such inquiries.  Kudos and applause to you Greg.  Bulls Country will surely appreciate a responsive beat writer like yourself.  Thanks for your participation on TheBullsPen.com Message Board.  We probably don't say that enough.

I thought of awarding you with the highly esteemed Bulliever Award for Excellence in Journalism, but decided instead to add the link for your blog to the main link bar above.  I'm sure you already have a lot of pretty good awards...   ;)

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

thanks brad. i appreciate the link -- we'll have a link to the blog in the paper at the end of my weekly USF notebooks when they start up on wednesday, but i'd think a decent chunk of my early traffic has come from posts and discussion on these boards.

twice since i've started the blog, i've thought i've found something new to discuss, only to find out later that you guys had a thread on here long before i found it. and the voting on the espn poll was insane.

i'm actually just stealthily padding my posts, trying to see if i can get to 100 before saturday's opener. i'm like the tortoise to smazza's hare. you blink, and wow, i hit three in one day.

greg

p.s. "suferfelously" might be my new favorite word. glad somebody else referenced it on here ...

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Well,  When out-of-towners and even the locals come up to me and ask me who the BULLS are, I always fall back on this point. Why, in our own town, isn't every local media covering events like this? Not to say that we're the biggest and the best - but we could be.  Especially Now! We Need This Kind Of Press! Before the season, To drum up some exitement and get the community involved. Like APJ says... "Enthusiasm is contagious!"  Call the local press and rally behind the BULLS !!!      ;D