• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is that OUR Howie on the air right now??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Instead of piling on Howie, why don't YOU call Duemig and demonstrate how to call him out for not ever talking USF sports?

I've made 1(non-contest) phone call to sports radio. It was to Duemig, and I talked about NASCAR. Compared to NASCAR, Steve knows USF football inside and out.

After our conversation, he changed his tune on the topic at hand, and admitted it on the radio. I disagreed with him, and he admitted that he may have been off base.

It CAN be done.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Duemig only talks about what people will respond too. So USF is a poor topic right now to stimulate phone calls.

Props to Howie for calling. But some recent football topics would have been great.

We have to deal with the fact the media is not going be die-hard USF fans. But at the same time they are slowly getting on the bandwagon. So cut the media some slack or they diss us every chance they get.

They only show the Top 15. How long have you been following USF?

ALL the papers reported that USF was the only team to EVER finish in the Top 25 in the BCS standings who didn't get an invite to a bowl game.

polls and BCS standings are 2 COMPLETELY different things.

how long I've been following them has NOTHING to do with this argument, but, since you asked:

followed: since day 1 of football

allegiance as my #1 team: since day 1 of division 1 football

i DO know 1 thing though, i couldnt name ONE USF golfer, tennis player, swimmer, track star, etc.........and neither could 95% of us.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

They only show the Top 15. How long have you been following USF?

ALL the papers reported that USF was the only team to EVER finish in the Top 25 in the BCS standings who didn't get an invite to a bowl game.

This is correct and noteworthy enough that anyone whose job it is to follow sports (and the local teams) should know.

I didn't get to hear the exchanges, but I applaud Howie for making a Bulls presence on a station with a host that has mostly ignored the Bulls football progarm and USF.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

polls and BCS standings are 2 COMPLETELY different things.

how long I've been following them has NOTHING to do with this argument, but, since you asked:

followed: since day 1 of football

allegiance as my #1 team: since day 1 of division 1 football

i DO know 1 thing though, i couldnt name ONE USF golfer, tennis player, swimmer, track star, etc.........and neither could 95% of us.

I can't either but if one is to claim a lot of  knowledge of usf sports then you must be able to.  I didn't hear the radio so i wont say anything about howiep's conduct.

EXCEPT that we WERE #23 in the BCS computers.  I promise you.  While it is not official, you can expand the calculations in similar form to include past 15.  Anybody getting votes and recognized in the computers (USF was both) can get a score.   USF was 23rd in 2002, by far the best team ever to be left out of a bowl.

I didn't get to hear the exchanges, but I applaud Howie for making a Bulls presence on a station with a host that has mostly ignored the Bulls football progarm and USF.

bulls prescence is one thing.........

...problem is he's causing negative feedback.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Here's another mentioning us at #24.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/12/07/Sports/Bulls__dreams_of_an_i.shtml

He didn't know we had six QB's on schollie this year or really who they were.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

He was giving USF NO respect even before I called.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Negative feedback?  inciting debate about the bulls only puts us in people's minds...  nothing negative about that.