• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is that OUR Howie on the air right now??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

He didn't know we had six QB's on schollie this year or really who they were.

here's my whole issue.

instead of INFORMING him, you ATTACKED him.

that's no way of getting your message across and is a sure fire way of making yourself look stupid.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

polls and BCS standings are 2 COMPLETELY different things.

Yes I know.

USF finished up in the polls #29 and #31 I believe.

The reason why the BCS had us ranked #23 is because the BCS Computer polls which is also part of the BCS standings had USF at #19.

The point is that USF has had success, but it hasn't been noticed and ceretainly not by Dumeg. Except for CJL's overall record, which he pooh poohed because of all the weak teams we played.

If you go to the NCAA site you will see that USF was ranked #14 in SOS in the 9 1-A games they had in 2002 and went 7-2 in THOSE games. That ALONE desrved a bowl invite.

Why should he, our offense and quarterback were bad last year.  As far as he knows, we have the same quarterback starting this year and starting one of the freshman qb's wouldn't be any better.  He did say they will surprise some people.  I don't think he is "Anti-USF".  Until they are competing on the level as FSU, UF and Miami and most people don't want to talk about them, he's not going to devote a large portion of his show to discuss them.  Props for calling in, but criticizing the host and trying to prove how much he doesn't know about USF isn't the right way of getting people interested in USF football.

He was giving USF NO respect even before I called.

We were what, 4-7 last year?!

Other 4-7 teams of interest:

Wake Forest

Kansas

Kansas St

Penn St

Rutgers

Colorado St

Ohio

Eastern Mich

Central Mich

Stanford

Ole Miss

LA Lafayette

How much respect do you want for a 4-7 team?!

Not only that, but a 4-7 team, going into a bigger conference, with a tougher schedule?

You gotta look at this without your green and gold colored glasses on...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

You're MAIN point - your OPENING argument - was a quiz about USF GOLF!!

How assinine is THAT?!

Actually, I think his opening argument was about how maybe CJL didn't like being called "Jimmy" and that was why he didn't stay longer. I had to turn it off before Steve's response but I knew right then Deumig was going to be pissed because you DARE try and correct him ........

Good stuff, Howie!! There's no such thing as bad publicity. Now you guys that are embarrased because of Howie need to step up to the table and call after the Bucs show if you want show a "different" side of the USF fan to Deumig.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Howie, your heart was in the right direction, however, your love for USF caused you to be too agressive, perhaps employing a little tact and diplomacy will allow you to make your point a little clearer without enraging Stevie b/c those of us that listen to WDAE all know Stevie can be an A$$HOLE.  With that said, it was quite funny to hear you spar with Stevie I laughed my a$$ off.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

The only bad press is no press.

Exactly.

Maybe next time he'll study up on USF.

Guest usf-ru

Big Shoop, I don't understand your point.  They only show top 15 on your list but that does not mean that ever team in div 1-A  does not have a ranking.  We were ranked 23rd that year.  Perhaps I am missing something.

Why should he, our offense and quarterback were bad last year.  As far as he knows, we have the same quarterback starting this year and starting one of the freshman qb's wouldn't be any better.  He did say they will surprise some people.  I don't think he is "Anti-USF".  Until they are competing on the level as FSU, UF and Miami and most people don't want to talk about them, he's not going to devote a large portion of his show to discuss them.  Props for calling in, but criticizing the host and trying to prove how much he doesn't know about USF isn't the right way of getting people interested in USF football.

That Guest guy is a smart mother _____ .  ;D