• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterback call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think we will have a clear cut starter until the Louisville game.  Leavitt has already said all 3 will play at Penn State, and I would assume the same would go for FAMU and UCF, since competition will be significantly easier in comparison to Penn State, so CJL will have more of an opportunity to evaluate all 3 QB's before deciding on the starter for Louisville.  

For Andre's sake I hope whoever starts plays well enough to at least keep some pressure off of him at the very least.

Despite what CJL might have said, there is no way 3 QB's play at PSU (barring injury).  PJ and Denson will play QB, and I figure Hill will see time at receiver.  I just can't believe Hill will take a snap at PSU, or for that matter, any game this year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite what CJL might have said, there is no way 3 QB's play at PSU (barring injury).  PJ and Denson will play QB, and I figure Hill will see time at receiver.  I just can't believe Hill will take a snap at PSU, or for that matter, any game this year.

Mark my words -- Hill will take a snap at PSU.

Now, it might not be in the traditional sense -- but it will be a snap.  He will line up at QB and run a quick option with Hall.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Actual quote:

"We're feeling pretty good about our first team," coach Jim Leavitt said . "That's about it. ... I know our quarterback situation. It's a two-man deal, with (freshman) Carlton ( Hill) getting a number of reps also."

Junior Pat Julmiste and sophomore Courtney Denson will split reps today in what is now a close two-man race for the opening starting nod at quarterback. Leavitt said Hill will play at quarterback and/or receiver in the Sept. 3 opener at Penn State.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/20/Sports/USF_sorts_out_roles_t.shtml

All three then played QB in the scrimmage on Saturday.

Denson and/or Hill can be used just like Fisher when Julmiste is in. There are even scenarios with all three players on the field at the SAME time.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

CJL's direct quote seems to refer to practice.  The part about the PSU game says 'and/or' receiver and is not a direct quote.

It is not practical to prepare 3 QB's for a game.  I just don't see it happening.  The things that Hill brings to the table are the same a that Denson does, so it doesn't make sense to me.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Denson has not played his first game yet and is already breathing down Pat's neck.  He can only do better with more experience.  I think he is the best out of the 3.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

He's also quicker and would give our OL a better shot to protect, also his running ability could open things for both Hall and our WRs if he can hit them on the run