• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl game in Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering what the chance might be that USF and its supporters could help the Big East get a bowl in the Tampa area.

Any thoughts?

Btw, I'll be coming down for the USF vs. WVU game in October.  My uncle lives in Clearwater and an ex lives in St. Pete.

Cheers!

"Mountaineers are always free"

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

wont happen at least not in tampa we already have the Outbackbowl on Jan. 1st. Now maybe the Trop may want to have a bowl game but i doubt it.

wont happen at least not in tampa we already have the Outbowl on Jan. 1st. Now maybe the Trop may want to have a bowl game but i doubt it.

There's nothing that says we can't have an extra bowlgame in Tampa... Orlando has two games, and both in the run down Citrus Bowl (Champs Sports & Capitol 1)...

What would it take?

1) A sponsor willing to cough up a large amount of money for the name (usually the required payout -- at least $2 million)

2) More sponsors to support the costs of the game (facility rental, other bowl-related events, etc)

3) Ticket sales would cover the year-round budget for the bowl committee -- including travel to conference meetings and conference games, meetings of the committee, staff for the committee, etc.

It's not impossible, but it is unlikely... most of the larger Bay area corporations already sponsor the Outback Bowl (list available here: http://www.outbackbowl.com/fans/sponsorship.html).

The biggest hurdle, however, is the NCAA.  There are already 28 bowls (29 when you add the 5th BCS game in 2006), and both Atlanta and Toronto have bowl game committees and applications with the NCAA for 2006.

I can't imagine having 31 bowl games, but a new one in Tampa would be #32.

There just are not enough winning teams every year to go  to that many games.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

You have to consider that the citrus bowl has only UCF playing on it while Ray Jay has the bucs, bulls, and the outback bowl I don’t think they want to put that much play on one field but if someone show Malcolm enough money than anything can happen

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Now granted, I already think we have waaayy to many bowls as it is.  Wooly is right, we have teams playing in bowls that don't belong there.  Now having said that, I wouldn't mind getting rid of another "weak" bowl and having a BE bowl here.  That would be awesome. Of course, I know it will never happen, but it would be neat.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

soon the citrus bowl will only have its 2 bowl games... and tractor pulls ect... Much more going one in buc's stadium... 2 pre season 8 regular... possible 1 or 2  play off plus 5 to 7 bull games.. plus the bowl.. probably would be a little more tough to add in another one.