• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Koepka - no not that one

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That's true, until you do what Tiger did on 17. Its not like Koepka was trying to miss the fairway. 

I agree, I'm just speculating on the future. I dont think the answer is longer courses, I think its bigger penalties for missing.

Koepka isnt trying to miss, but he knows the advantage of 30-40 yards outweighs a rough approach, or a scramble. As tech improves and guys get stronger, I'm not sure its great for golf to see three and a half football field drives if they end up on the cart path half the time. May just be me 😕

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Capital H said:

I agree, I'm just speculating on the future. I dont think the answer is longer courses, I think its bigger penalties for missing.

Koepka isnt trying to miss, but he knows the advantage of 30-40 yards outweighs a rough approach, or a scramble. As tech improves and guys get stronger, I'm not sure its great for golf to see three and a half football field drives if they end up on the cart path half the time. May just be me 😕

Yeah, I think they will end up creating more challenging roughs. I'm not sure what the answer will be. But, there is an excitement level to watching players make those recovery shots vs the traditional path and golf needs all the excitement it can get.

I do think its fun watching all these young kids who are built like classic Tiger compete against him though.