• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much will USF BB improve?

Guest S.  Bien

Good to hear it Howie.  Those two worry me.

Velcro, chill out, but you always wonder why a 7 footer- who rarely has many equals on a team- isn't a major contributor on his junior national team- it's not like he's playing for the adult national team.  He barily played.

Those two concern the hell out of me, and Sills.  Until I see something otherwise I am simply going to chalk this season off as a learning experience.   I pray for something other than that, but we beat Charlotte, Houston, and Cinci on the wings of three seniors who are no longer around.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

hey, my point is solely about the comparison you made... it isn't that pertinent to the kid's college ability.

he maybe good, he may be bad, i don't know how he'll turn out, but we definitely needed some size and he was probably the best we could get that late in the signing period.  He can shoot, so that is one thing that i'll take as a positive.  

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Good to hear it Howie.  Those two worry me.

Velcro, chill out, but you always wonder why a 7 footer- who rarely has many equals on a team- isn't a major contributor on his junior national team- it's not like he's playing for the adult national team.  He barily played.

Those two concern the hell out of me, and Sills.  Until I see something otherwise I am simply going to chalk this season off as a learning experience.   I pray for something other than that, but we beat Charlotte, Houston, and Cinci on the wings of three seniors who are no longer around.  

I don't think Frane played this summer for Croatia. He probably wanted to let his leg heal.

Back in Nov 2004 this is what Insiders said about him when they covered the Big Apple Tourney:

179860.jpg

South Kent School big man Frane Markusovic, a 6-10, 250+ pounder out of Split Croatia, is going to get high-major mail this coming week. Markusovic has only been in the country since early September but given his size and the fact that he moves pretty well, made a 3-pointer and appears to have a hoops IQ, he’s now on the radar as one of the better available big men around.

It wasn't too long after that he fractured his leg and didn't see much playing time during the season.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Who the hell picked us to finish in the top 4?? I am very excited to see our team this year. I say, better product, worse record as a result of improved competition. We will have some marquee wins this year over top 25 teams. We know we will have several opportunities.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

a knight picked us in the top 4, just to screw up our poll ;)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

The team will be better player wise but the record will not be :-[

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

A lot will depend on how big of an impact Buckley will have right from the start.

buckley3.jpg

With a versatile game, it is tough to

shutdown Melvin Buckley on the court.

Flashback:

http://highschoolelite.com/news/7+21.html

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I don't really even know.  I think a goal for the team each year should be post season, screw 'realistic'.  However there are too many questions to say for certain if we can pull ourselves out of the cellar.  I mean the first questions are will Sills even show-up and stay on the team- his history of sticking around is less than stellar.  Will Cann be 100% healthy, are these new JC's fillers or are they capable of contributing.

Who in the hell is Melvyn Richardson, and why do we think he's BE caliber when we only beat out UCF for his services?  Oh, and who's this foreign center that couldn't even start for his national team?

To me Brandon Stores was a serious loss for this team.

I look at this team, and for it to have any chance to win more than 1 or 2 conference games we'll need Melvin Buckley to be every bit as good as advertised.   Prek, and Dennis really need to step up their games, and Jones needs to be legit around 230lbs without losing hops.  On top of that Sills must come in and ready to play, ditto for Melvyn Richardson, and Cann....with ALL of that, I still think this team struggles to win 4!

Sorry, but we're building for 06'.  In 06' Buckley will be a senior, as will Sills, Richardson, and Prek.  I think Howard will be a big time combo guard by 06.  And help is on the way in the names of Dante Curry, and at least one more four star hoops player.  

There's just to many questions, and to little time to gel for this team this year.

you forget we have a good coach and now he has players who believe in his system so they will gel early

and be better at the end of the year.

i see only 2 questions will sills show up and is zaronn at full speed, if those two are yes then coach will get us to MSG this year!